Pringle with Preston North End in 2016
|Full name||Benjamin Philip Pringle|
|Date of birth||25 July 1989|
|Place of birth||Newcastle upon Tyne, England|
|Height||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
(on loan from Preston North End)
|Wallsend Boys Club|
|2006–2007||West Bromwich Albion|
|2007–2008||Newcastle Blue Star|
|2011||→ Torquay United (loan)||5||(0)|
|2016||→ Ipswich Town (loan)||10||(2)|
|2016–||Preston North End||10||(0)|
|2018||→ Oldham Athletic (loan)||13||(1)|
|2018–||→ Grimsby Town (loan)||0||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 22:34, 9 July 2018 (UTC)|
Benjamin Philip Pringle (born 25 July 1989) is an English professional footballer who plays as a midfielder for Grimsby Town, on loan from Preston North End. He can play as a central midfielder or as a left midfielder.
Born in Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, Pringle started his footballing career at the renowned Cramlington Juniors, before starting his professional career as a trainee with West Bromwich Albion.
He made his Derby debut as an 80th-minute substitute against Peterborough United on 8 August 2009. The following game of the 2009–10 football season, Pringle started his first game for Derby in the League Cup 2–1 loss to League Two side Rotherham United.
Pringle signed an extension to his Derby deal to take him through to the end of the 2010–11 season on 11 December 2009. Pringle was captain of the Derby County reserves side that won the 2009/10 Central League Central Section title and was also named the club's Young Player of the Season for the campaign. He was handed his first League start in the final game of the 2009–10 season against Cardiff City in a 2–0 win and earned the supporter's Man of the Match award. In February 2011, Pringle's contract was extended until summer 2012.
Torquay United (loan)
In March 2011, Pringle joined then League Two outfit Torquay United on a months loan. Pringle spent just 19 days of the loan at Torquay, playing five games, but returned to Derby after expressing a desire to fight for a place in the Derby first team rather than remain at Plainmoor.
Upon his return to Derby, despite having had his contract extended at the end of the 2010–11 campaign, Pringle was told he was free to find another club.
On 3 June 2011, it was revealed he had agreed personal terms with Rotherham United. The transfer was confirmed later that day, with Pringle joining The Millers on a free transfer, signing a two-year contract. He made his first team debut for Rotherham at home to Oxford United on 6 August 2011, and scored his first goal for the club in a 2–1 win over Crewe Alexandra on 16 August.
He had made 9 appearances for Rotherham up until mid-October but following his substitute appearance versus Bristol Rovers he had not played again for them as of mid-February. However, he was an unused sub in Rotherham's game against Burton Albion on 18 February. Pringle's form, contributed greatly to the clubs' automatic promotion to League One at the end of the 2012–13 season.
On 18 January 2013, Pringle signed a new two-and-a-half-year contract with Rotherham. His goals and assists during the 2013/14 season helped Rotherham reach the League 1 playoff final. Pringle played in the final, and after a 2–2 draw, Rotherham earned promotion after beating Leyton Orient 4–3 on penalties to earn a second successive promotion.
On 9 August 2014, Pringle started for Rotherham in their opening fixture of The Championship season in a 1–0 defeat against his former club Derby County. On 23 August 2014, Pringle scored his first goal in The Championship with a winner in Rotherham's 1–0 victory against Millwall F.C..
On 9 January 2015, Rotherham agreed a fee with Millwall F.C. for Pringle, however Pringle turned down the move to the club. On 27 January 2015, Pringle scored his second goal of The Championship season in a 4–2 victory against Bolton Wanderers where he was also named man of the match.
Ipswich Town (loan)
Preston North End
- PFA Team of the Year: 2013–14 League One
- Derby County Young Player of the Year: 2009–10
- Ilkeston Town Player of the Year: 2008–09
- Hugman, Barry J., ed. (2010). The PFA Footballers' Who's Who 2010–11. Mainstream Publishing. p. 340. ISBN 978-1-84596-601-0.
- "Ben Pringle". 11v11.com. AFS Enterprises. Retrieved 21 July 2018.
- "YOUNG ACE BEN TO MAKE RAMS MOVE". Derby County Football Club. 9 November 2013. Retrieved 24 September 2011.
- "Players in Order of Appearances". Ilsonfootball.co.uk. Retrieved 21 February 2012.
- "Ilkeston Town Goalscorers". Ilsonfootball.co.uk. Retrieved 21 February 2012.
- "New Rams deals for Buxton and Pringle". Derby Telegraph. 11 December 2009. Retrieved 9 November 2013.
- "Savage named Player of the Year". dcfc.co.uk. 30 April 2010.
- "Pringle signs a new contract with the Rams". Derby Telegraph. 10 February 2011. Retrieved 9 November 2013.
- "Torquay sign Derby midfielder Ben Pringle on loan". BBC Sport. 4 March 2011. Retrieved 4 March 2011.
- "Derby County's Ben Pringle ends Torquay loan stint". BBC Sport. 23 March 2011V.
- "Midfielder Ben Pringle free to leave Derby County". BBC. BBC Sport. 23 May 2011.
- "Midfielder Pringle looks set to leave Derby County". Derby Telegraph. 3 June 2011.
- "Millers snap up Pringle". themillers.co.uk. 3 June 2011. Archived from the original on 24 March 2012. Retrieved 9 November 2013.
- Career stats summary at Soccerbase
- "Burton vs Rotherham". Rotherham United. 18 February 2012. Archived from the original on 4 June 2012. Retrieved 9 November 2013.
- "Rotherham 2–0 Aldershot". BBC. 27 April 2013. Retrieved 8 October 2013.
- "Rotherham United midfielder Ben Pringle signs new deal". BBC Sport. 18 January 2013.
- "Leyton Orient 2–2 Rotherham". BBC. 25 May 2014. Retrieved 25 May 2014.
- "Luis Suarez: Liverpool striker wins PFA Player of the Year award". BBC Sport. 28 April 2014. Retrieved 23 May 2018.
- "Championship: Derby County beat Rotherham United 1–0 at the iPro Stadium". Sky Sports. 9 August 2014. Retrieved 9 August 2014.
- "Millwall 0 Rotherham 1". BBC Sport. 23 August 2014. Retrieved 23 August 2014.
- "Rotherham assistant: Millwall move "not right" for Pringle". News At Den. 9 January 2015. Retrieved 9 January 2015.
- "Rotherham record 4–2 home win over Bolton". Sky Sports. 27 January 2015. Retrieved 27 January 2015.
- "Double Deal Sealed". Fulham F.C. 19 June 2015.
- "Ipswich Town: Fulham winger Ben Pringle joins on loan". BBC. BBC Sport. 12 February 2016. Retrieved 15 February 2016.
- "Lilywhites Complete Ben Pringle Signing". BBC. PNEFC. 4 July 2016. Retrieved 4 July 2016.
- "AWARDS". WhiteBall Project. 16 April 2009. Archived from the original on 6 June 2009.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ben Pringle.|
- Ben Pringle at Soccerbase