Benjamin Paul Seresin
3 November 1962
|Relatives||Michael Seresin (brother)|
Life and career
Ben Seresin was born Benjamin Paul Seresin to a Russian father and a New Zealand mother. At the age of 18, he moved to Australia to enter the film industry. After serving as a camera assistant for four years, he moved to the United Kingdom, where he has lived since 1992. For his work on Unstoppable, he was nominated for the Satellite Award for Best Cinematography in 2010.
Seresin described his approach to his work as "detached". “As a DP, you have to learn to both trust your eye and to be brave enough to say to the director ‘This is the wrong decision’".
|1999||Best Laid Plans||Mike Barker|
|2004||A Good Woman||Mike Barker|
|2009||Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen||Michael Bay|
|Free Agents||James Griffiths||TV movie|
|2010||Unstoppable||Tony Scott||Nominated- Satellite Award for Best Cinematography|
|2013||Broken City||Allen Hughes|
|Pain & Gain||Michael Bay|
|World War Z||Marc Forster|
|2017||The Mummy||Alex Kurtzman|
|2020||Godzilla vs. Kong||Adam Wingard||Post-production|
|TBA||Chaos Walking||Doug Liman|
- "Ben Seresin". Internet Encyclopedia of Cinematographers. Retrieved 3 August 2017.
- "Oddball on the set". New Straits Times. 2 June 2017. Retrieved 3 August 2017.
- "Satellite Awards Nominate 'Inception' (and Everything Else)". TheWrap. 1 December 2010. Retrieved 3 August 2017.
- "New York Film Academy: Making Its Name Step by Step". Nycppnews.com. Retrieved 7 November 2017.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 26 April 2017. Retrieved 7 February 2017.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
|This article about a cinematographer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article related to film in New Zealand is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|