Benjamin Oliver Anthony Watts
19 January 1967
|Residence||New York City, United States|
|Alma mater||Sydney College of the Arts|
Myfanwy Edwards Roberts
|Relatives||Naomi Watts (sister)|
Benjamin Oliver Anthony Watts (born 19 January 1967) is an English photographer based in New York City, whose work has been published in various international fashion magazines, such as Elle, Vogue, Harper's Bazaar, Vanity Fair, and Condé Nast Traveller.
He is the older brother of actress Naomi Watts and son of Peter Watts, who was initially a road manager for Pink Floyd and later their sound engineer. Watts studied at the Sydney College of the Arts in Australia, where he started his photographic career as a photographer's assistant.
He first came to New York in 1990, where he started documenting urban youth and was especially fascinated by American Hip Hop culture. He finally moved to New York in 1995. His work was shown in Vibe and Rolling Stone and in advertisements for Nike, Reebok and Gap. Besides his work for fashion magazines, Watts has shot advertising campaigns for famous labels, such as Polo Ralph Lauren, Kodak, Sony Music, and Apple Computers.[third-party source needed]
- Ben Watts: Portraits (2000)
- Ben Watts: Body and Soul (2001)
- Ben Watts: Tattoo Nation (2002)
- Ben Watts: Soul Style (2003)
- Ben Watts: History of Hip Hop (2003)
- Ben Watts: Tomo (2003)
- Ben Watts: Big Up (2004)
- "Naomi Watts". Inside the Actors Studio. Bravo.; can be viewed at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHyvx2EoWnk
- Julia Chapman (November 9, 2003). "A NIGHT OUT WITH -- Ben Watts; A Shutterbug Underground". New york Times. Retrieved July 8, 2011.
- "Ben Watts". Ben Watts. Archived from the original on 14 September 2010. Retrieved 2010-10-02.
- "Ple - Ben Watts". Photographers Limited Editions. Retrieved 2010-10-02.