Benavides Independent School District
|Benavides Independent School District|
ESC Region 2 
|Type||Independent school district|
|Grades||Pre-K through 12|
|Superintendent||Daniel Ceballos |
|Schools||2 (2009-10) |
|Students and staff|
|Students||391 (2010-11) |
|Teachers||34.95 (2009-10)  (on full-time equivalent (FTE) basis)|
|Student-teacher ratio||11.67 (2009-10) |
|Athletic conference||UIL Class 2A Football Division II |
|District mascot||Eagles |
|TEA District Accountability Rating for 2011||Academically Acceptable|
Benavides Independent School District is a public school district based in Benavides, Texas (USA). The district is situated in the southwestern corner of Duval County. In addition to Benavides, the unincorporated communities of Concepcion and Realitos are also part of the district.
Seventh through twelfth grade students living in the Ramirez Common School District attend Benavides schools.
As of the 2010-2011 school year, the appraised valuation of property in the district was $285,808,000. The maintenance tax rate was $0.104 and the bond tax rate was $0.021 per $100 of appraised valuation.
In the 2011-2012 school year, the district had two open schools.
- Benavides Secondary School (Grades 7-12)
- Benavides Elementary School (Grades PK-6)
- "Texas School Directory 2012" (PDF). Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 24 July 2012.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Benavides ISD". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 24 July 2012.
- "UIL Alignments". University Interscholastic League. Retrieved 24 July 2012.
- "Benavides High School Football". CBS Interactive. Retrieved 24 July 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System District Ratings for 2004 through 2011". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 2 July 2012. Retrieved 24 July 2012.
|This article about a school district in Texas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|