This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (June 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Founder||Ashish Rangnekar, Ujjwal Gupta|
BenchPrep is an online learning platform that helps students prepare for standardized tests - GRE, GMAT, MCAT, ACT and SAT, professional certifications, and K-12 classroom learning. It partners with educational publishers such as McGraw Hill, John Wiley & Sons, and the Princeton Review to create interactive, digitized courses. BenchPrep’s goal is to make studying accessible and personalized. The company has developed web and mobile apps that can be used on computers, tablets, and smartphones 
BenchPrep, formerly known as Watermelon Express, was founded in 2009 by Ashish Rangnekar and Ujjwal Gupta. The company materialized when cofounder Ashish Rangnekar won the New Venture Challenge at the University of Chicago. Shortly thereafter, BenchPrep received $2.2 million in seed funding from Lightbank, the executives behind Groupon. In July 2012, the company announced a $6 million round of funding from New Enterprise Associates and Revolution LLC.
- "Top 5 Digital Education Tool" by Venture Beat 
- "Most innovative and Best In Class Test Prep and Assessment Platform" at the 2010 Education Innovation Summit 
- "Top 10 Innovative Startup in Education" at the 2010 Venture Capital in Education 
- Josh Constine (2010-01-05). "BenchPrep is Code Academy for any Subject". Techcrunch.
- Rip Empson (2012-05-14). "BenchPrep Teams up with The Princeton Review to Gamify Test Prep". Techcrunch.
- "Venture Capital News: BenchPrep Raises $6M". VC Daily News. 2012-07-04.
- Marc Saltzman (2011-11-28). "BenchPrep, Study for Tests with App". USA Today.
- Steve Hendershot (2012-07-03). "BenchPrep Snares 6 Million Investment". Chicago Business.
- Brad Spirrison (2011-09-23). "Local App Developers Rise to the Head of the Class". NBC Chicago.
- "Traditional NVC Winners". 2010.
- Steve Hendershot (2012-11-12). "BenchPrep Leaving Textbooks in the Dust". Chicago Business.
- "The Daily Start-Up NEA Revolution Back BenchPrep for Online Education". Online.wsj.com. 2012-07-03.
- Lora Kolodny (2012-07-03). "BenchPrep Passes Series B Test, Raises $6M". Dow Jones & Company.
- Meghan Kelly (2011-09-02). "Back to school: Our top 5 digital education tools". Venture Beat.
- "Ten Early Stage Education Companies Selected for "Educations Innovators Showcase" At VC in Education Summit". Startl.org. 2010-06-04.