This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article uses citations that link to broken or outdated sources. (April 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Bendigo Weekly is a tabloid-size, full-colour newspaper published weekly throughout Bendigo, and country districts in central Victoria, including Woodend, Echuca, Wedderburn and Colbinabbin.
The paper has won many awards, including a Walkley Award by journalist Anthony Radford for Suburban and Regional Affairs. Radford also was the recipient of a Quill Award for Best Regional or Rural Affairs Report in 2007.
Victorian Country Press Awards for a paper with circulation greater than 10,000 include: Journalism 2006, 2007 and 2008; Local Reporting 2006, 2007 and 2008; Best Use of Colour 2007; Best Photographic Study 2008; Best News Photograph 2008; and Overall Newspaper Excellence 2008.
The awards won in 2006 relate specifically to the paper's coverage of the water crisis confronting Bendigo. At the time, a decade of drought had depleted the city's reservoirs to the point where supplies were likely to run out by year's end.
In 2009 the paper commenced a campaign to promote the building of a new Bendigo hospital.
-  Archived March 23, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
-  Archived September 25, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- "The Walkley Foundation". Walkleys.com. 2014-06-20. Retrieved 2015-03-31.
- [dead link]
- https://web.archive.org/web/20090122224436/http://www.walkleys.com/the-awards/winners/2008-walkley-award-winners.html. Archived from the original on January 22, 2009. Retrieved April 2, 2004. Missing or empty
- https://web.archive.org/web/20080722235331/http://www.mediabay.com.au/newspapers/record.php?product=3129. Archived from the original on July 22, 2008. Retrieved August 31, 2009. Missing or empty
- [dead link]