|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|This article uses citations that link to broken or outdated sources. (April 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The Bendigo Weekly is a tabloid-size, full-colour newspaper published weekly throughout Bendigo, and country districts in central Victoria, including Woodend, Echuca, Wedderburn and Colbinabbin.
The paper has won many awards, including a Walkley Award by journalist Anthony Radford for Suburban and Regional Affairs. Radford also was the recipient of a Quill Award for Best Regional or Rural Affairs Report in 2007.
Victorian Country Press Awards for a paper with circulation greater than 10,000 include: Journalism 2006, 2007 and 2008; Local Reporting 2006, 2007 and 2008; Best Use of Colour 2007; Best Photographic Study 2008; Best News Photograph 2008; and Overall Newspaper Excellence 2008.
The awards won in 2006 relate specifically to the paper's coverage of the water crisis confronting Bendigo. At the time, a decade of drought had depleted the city's reservoirs to the point where supplies were likely to run out by year's end.
In 2009 the paper commenced a campaign to promote the building of a new Bendigo hospital.
-  Archived March 23, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
-  Archived September 25, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- "The Walkley Foundation". Walkleys.com. 2014-06-20. Retrieved 2015-03-31.
- [dead link]
- https://web.archive.org/web/20090122224436/http://www.walkleys.com/the-awards/winners/2008-walkley-award-winners.html. Archived from the original on January 22, 2009. Retrieved April 2, 2004. Missing or empty
- https://web.archive.org/web/20080722235331/http://www.mediabay.com.au/newspapers/record.php?product=3129. Archived from the original on July 22, 2008. Retrieved August 31, 2009. Missing or empty
- [dead link]