Beneath the Massacre
|Beneath the Massacre|
|Origin||Montreal, Quebec, Canada|
|Genres||Deathcore, technical death metal|
|Associated acts||Despised Icon, Ion Dissonance, Martyr|
|Past members||Justin Rousselle
Beneath the Massacre is a Canadian deathcore band from Montreal, Quebec, Canada. Their debut album, Evidence of Inequity, was released in 2005, under Galy Records. In early 2006, the band signed with Prosthetic Records and has since released their first full-length album, Mechanics of Dysfunction, on the label on February 20, 2007. They were on the 2007 Brutalitour alongside Animosity, As Blood Runs Black, and The Faceless. They also played the Summer Slaughter Tour with Decapitated, Necrophagist, As Blood Runs Black, The Faceless, Ion Dissonance, and Cephalic Carnage. They were on the 2007 Radio Rebellion Tour along with Job for a Cowboy, Behemoth, and Gojira.
Beneath the Massacre was formed in the summer of 2004, composed of vocalist Elliot Desgagnés, guitarist Christopher Bradley, bassist Dennis Bradley, and drummer Justin Rousselle. In May 2005, they released a five-track EP Evidence of Inequity through the Canadian label Galy Records, the EP was produced by Yannick St-Amand and mastered by Alan Douches. Beneath the Massacre announced a Canadian tour to promote the album in September 2005 supporting Neuraxis, but were forced to cancel due to an accident with their van outside Thunder Bay, Ontario.
In May 2006, Beneath the Massacre signed a record deal with Prosthetic Records, and soon after, they started a tour in Canada with Leng Tch'e and Fuck the Facts. The band began to work with producer Yannick St-Amand on a new album in June that same year, in parallel several dates were announced, and included shows at the Toronto Terrorfest with over 60 bands at the three-day festival between July 14–16, the Robot Mosh Fest in Milwaukee, then in the same month Trails Unto the Sick concerts again with Neuraxis, which included the San Antonio Better off Dead Fest and Albuquerque's Gathering of the Sick Fest. Beneath the Massacre featured with the track "Profitable Killcount" on a 2006 Japanese-only compilation album titled Canadian Metal in Japan, released by Cyclone Records. The band's full-length debut album Mechanics of Dysfunction again produced by Yannick St-Amand and mixed by Pierre Rémillard, was released in February 2007 through Prosthetic Records.
In 2008, the group released their second full-length album, entitled Dystopia, through Prosthetic label on October 28, 2008. The album was recorded in the Northern Studio in Montreal, Quebec by Yannick St-Amand, mixed by Jason Suecoff with artwork from Felix Rancourt. Beneath the Massacre toured with Darkest Hour and Bleeding Through, among others, in the Thrash and Burn European Tour 2009 in April and May 2009 in Europe. In April 2009, Beneath the Massacre was nominated as "Best Underground Band" at the Metal Hammer Golden Gods Awards.
In July 2010, the band announced that they had finished recording an EP which was to be named Marée Noire (Black Tide). Vocalist Desgagnés stated, "It's going to be two years since our last album and we had the idea of a short release while we keep writing for the next full length. We picked five songs to go on the EP and I feel like these are by far the best songs we've ever written. Nothing that different from our other releases but we're always getting a little closer to the sound we want. So we're all satisfied with the result and are looking forward to share it." On February 12, 2012, Prosthetic released their third LP entitled, Incongruous. In support of the release, they toured Europe in early 2012 as part of the Bonecrusher fest with Carnifex, Molotov Solution, Within the Ruins and Betraying the Martyrs.
- Current members
- Elliot Desgagnés – vocals (2004–present)
- Christopher Bradley – guitar (2004–present)
- Dennis Bradley – bass (2004–present)
- Patrice Hamelin – drums (2012–present)
- Former members
- Christian Pepin – guitar (2004–2005)
- Justin Rousselle – drums (2004–2011)
- Studio albums
- Extended plays
- "Society's Disposable Son" (2007)
- "Galy Records - Band: Beneath the Massacre". Galy Records. Retrieved August 14, 2008.
- "Beneath the Massacre: Van Accident Forces Cancellation of Tour with Neuraxis". Blabbermouth. September 28, 2005. Retrieved August 14, 2008.
- "Beneath the Massacre Sign with Prosthetic Records". Blabbermouth. May 30, 2006. Retrieved August 15, 2008.
- "Terrorfest: Toronto Hardcore/Metal Festival to Feature Over 60 Bands". Blabbermouth. January 22, 2006. Retrieved August 15, 2008.
- "Canadian Metal in Japan Compilation CD to Be Distributed This Month". Blabbermouth. June 6, 2006. Retrieved August 15, 2008.
- "Beneath the Massacre: Video Footage from the Studio Posted Online". Blabbermouth.net. July 2, 2008. Retrieved July 3, 2008.
- "Slipknot and Motörhead duke it out at Metal Hammer magazine’s Golden Gods awards". The Sun (News Group Newspapers). April 9, 2009. Retrieved April 15, 2009.
- "BENEATH THE MASSACRE To Release New EP". Metal Injection. July 14, 2010. Retrieved July 23, 2010.
- Beneath The Massacre Premiers New Track "Symptoms". MetalUnderground.com. Retrieved 2012-01-12.