|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Shipwright Benjamin Bénéteau founded the company in 1884, at Croix-de-Vie, France to build sailing trawlers. In the mid sixties, Benjamin's grandchildren Annette Bénéteau Roux and her brother André Bénéteau introduced a line of fiberglass boats.
The company is a large and recognized boat builder, commanding a substantial worldwide market share for sailing yachts, predominately in the United States, France and the United Kingdom. It has five factories in the Vendée department of France and one US plant in Marion, South Carolina. The Beneteau USA plant opened in 1986; since then the factory has nearly doubled in size to about 250,000 square feet (23,000 m2), with roughly $25 million of total capital invested in the US.
These are racer/cruiser sailboats, with a higher emphasis on the racing aspects, yet are substantially equipped for comfortable cruising. Equipped with tall fractional rigs, high performance keels and upgraded deck hardware.
These are cruising boats, though these boats are viable for Performance Handicapped Racing Fleet (PHRF) handicapped racing.
Beneteau Idylle Series
This series of cruising boats consists of five types designed by Andre Beneteau, Berret-Racoupeau and German Frers. They were built between 1982 and 1988 and mainly sold in France and the US.
- Beneteau Idylle 880
- Beneteau Idylle 1050
- Beneteau Idylle 1150
- Beneteau Idylle 1350
- Beneteau Idylle 1550 (also known as the Mooring 51)
These are outboard powered motorboats in three different models: Antares cabincruisers, Barracuda seafishing boats and Flyer consoleboats.
- Le Spectacle du monde. Spectacle du monde. 2003.
- Gilbert Tarrab; Jacques Salzer (1987). Voix de femmes: le pouvoir féminin en France. Québec/Amérique. ISBN 978-2-89037-365-5.
- Le nouvel ECONOMISTE. 1996.
- Le Figaro magazine. Figaro. January 2007.
- BusinessWeek. McGraw-Hill. 1987.
- "IDYLLE 8.80 (BENETEAU) sailboat specifications and details on sailboatdata.com".
- "IDYLLE 1050 (BENETEAU) sailboat specifications and details on sailboatdata.com".
- "IDYLLE 1150 (BENETEAU) sailboat specifications and details on sailboatdata.com".
- "IDYLLE 1350 (BENETEAU) sailboat specifications and details on sailboatdata.com".
- "IDYLLE 1550 (BENETEAU) sailboat specifications and details on sailboatdata.com".
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bénéteau.|