Bengal Institute of Technology & Management
|Motto||Centre of Quality Education & Research|
|Type||Private Engineering College|
|Dean||Prof.(Dr.) P.P. Ray|
|Director||Prof.(Dr.) A.K. Bhaumik|
|Location||Bolpur, West Bengal, India
|Affiliations||West Bengal University of Technology|
Bengal Institute of Technology & Management (BITM) is a private engineering college adjacent to Santiniketan in the state of West Bengal, India. The Institute is situated a few kilometers from the erudite and scholarly hamlet of Santiniketan, which has produced two of India's eminent Noble Prizes winners. It is affiliated to West Bengal University of Technology and is approved by the AICTE. The college is accredited by NAAC.
Bengal Institute of Technology was established in the year 2001 under the aegis of Multiple Educational & Manpower Development Trust.
Bengal Institute of Technology offers modern labs, a software based networking system, a graphics lab and workshop.
The institute has organized seminars held by persons like World Bank Consultants, IIM professors, CEOs of foreign based companies, Ex-Vice Chancellor of different Universities etc. on IT and Management.
The campus is spread across an area of 60 acres and has separate hostels for boys and girls. It is a complete Wi-Fi campus with fully automated library and a student activity centre for co-curricular and extracurricular activities. BITM is located in Santiniketan Sriniketan bypass.
The college hosts its annual cultural fest "Ambrosia" . The college also hosts its annual Techfest - UTTHAN organising a number of events in robotics, gaming, projects and quizzes.
The library has over 23,000 books, about 250 journals of national and international repute, 82 magazines having extreme relevance to engineering and management fields, major dailies, newsletter and a number of electronic on-line academic publications. The library has a software based networking system and will soon have the multimedia support which will enable it to perform in a more dynamic way. The library also has international journals for Engineering and Management: AICTE Consortium Journals, IEEE Computer, IETE journal of Research, IEE-Technical Review pramana, IETE journal, Harvard Business Review, MIT Sloan Management Review, Asia pacific Business, Decision(IIM, Kolkata),Journal of information Science and knowledge, of education.
BITM has eleven departments:
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Instrumentation Engineering
- Electronics and Communication
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Computer Application
- Basic Science & Humanities
- Hospitality Tourism & Hotel Management
- Admission to engineering programmes: 10+2 examination with Physics and Maths as compulsory subjects along with one subject Chemistry/Bio-Technology/Computer Science/Biology with minimum 50% pass marks and WBJEE/AIEEE qualified.
- "List of Colleges & Its Courses Affiliated by Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, West Bengal (formerly West Bengal University of Technology) for the Academic Year 2016-2017 (As on 31.08.2016)" (PDF). Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology. 31 August 2016. Retrieved 8 July 2017.
- http://www.bitm.org.in/index.php[permanent dead link]