|Motto: Gateway to the Big Muddy|
|Provinces and territories of Canada||Saskatchewan|
|Rural Municipalities (R.M.)||Bengough No. 40|
|Post office Founded||1912-03-01|
|• Total||1.07 km2 (0.41 sq mi)|
|• Density||314.4/km2 (814/sq mi)|
Bengough // is a town in the rural municipality of Bengough No. 40, in the Canadian province of Saskatchewan. A southeastern Saskatchewan prairie town, Bengough is located east of Willow Bunch Lake on Highway 34 near Highway 705. It is named Bengough after cartoonist John Wilson Bengough. Bengough also plays host to the Gateway Festival which showcases various musicians and several other events through the weekend, usually taking place in late July.
Bengough is located within the Missouri Coteau near Willow Bunch Lake, Big Muddy Lake, Salt Lake and Channel Lake. Just to the south is located the Big Muddy Badlands. Bengough and District Regional Park features camping, an outdoor swimming pool, 9-hole golf course as well as play area.
|Canada census – Bengough, Saskatchewan community profile|
|Population:||337 (−16.0% from 2001)|
|Land area:||1.07 km2 (0.41 sq mi)|
|Population density:||314.4/km2 (814/sq mi)|
|Median age:||N/A (M: N/A, F: N/A)|
|Total private dwellings:||239|
|Median household income:||$N/A|
|References: 2006 earlier|
- N/A = Data Not Available
- Lat (DMS) 49°24′00″ N
- Long (DMS) 105°08′00″ W
- Dominion Land Survey Sec.23, Twp.5, R.24, W2
- Time zone (cst) UTC−6
- National Archives, Archivia Net, Post Offices and Postmasters, archived from the original on 2006-10-06, retrieved 2007-05-26
- Government of Saskatchewan, MRD Home, Municipal Directory System, archived from the original (– Scholar search) on November 21, 2008, retrieved 2007-05-26
- Canadian Textiles Institute. (2005), CTI Determine your provincial constituency, archived from the original on 2007-09-11, retrieved 2007-05-26
- Commissioner of Canada Elections, Chief Electoral Officer of Canada (2005), Elections Canada On-line, archived from the original on 2007-04-21, retrieved 2007-04-24
- H-net online
- "Gateway Festival". The 13th Annual. Retrieved 2016-12-16.
- Town Of Bengough, retrieved 2007-06-16
- Bengough & District Regional Park, archived from the original on 2005-11-05, retrieved 2007-06-16
- "2006 Community Profiles". Canada 2006 Census. Statistics Canada. March 30, 2011. Retrieved 2009-02-24.
- "2001 Community Profiles". Canada 2001 Census. Statistics Canada. February 17, 2012.
- Becquet's Custom Programming (August 17, 2005), Saskatchewan City & Town Maps – Directory (Web), retrieved 2007-06-06