Benguet State University
|Motto||Bringing Service with Utmost Quality and Dedication|
|Type||Government, state university|
|President||Dr. Ben D. Ladilad, CESO III|
|Students||10,000++ (elementary, secondary and tertiary)|
|Location||La Trinidad, Benguet, Philippines|
|Campus||La Trinidad (Main Campus),
|Colors||Green and Yellow|
It was originally named La Trinidad Agricultural High School, which was later changed to La Trinidad National Agricultural School (LTNAS). When the school was nationalized, its name was again changed to Mountain National Agricultural School (MNAS). It was soon converted into the Mountain National College (MNAC); Mountain Agricultural College (MAC); and eventually, the Mountain State Agricultural College (MSAC) in 1969 through Republic Act 5923.
On January 12, 1986, the school was converted into a chartered state university by virtue of Presidential Decree 2010.
Colleges, Campuses & Institutions
BSU has two satellite campuses, eight colleges, two academic institutes, and a Graduate School. It also runs an Open University. These units offer graduate and undergraduate degree programs in agriculture, forestry, teacher's education, nursing, physical sciences and the arts. Some units offer non-degree programs and short courses. Colleges:
- Graduate School
- College of Agriculture
- College of Teacher Education
- College of Forestry
- College of Home Economics & Technology
- College of Engineering & Applied Technology
- College of Arts & Sciences
- College of Nursing
- College of Veterinary Medicines
- Open University
- Institute of Public Administration
- Institute of Physical Education & Sports
- La Trinidad, Benguet (Main Campus)
- Buguias, Benguet (Satellite Campus)
- Bokod, Benguet (Satellite Campus)
Elementary and Secondary Schools
Besides having college campuses, the school had also elementary and secondary campuses. The elementary was called Elementary Laboratory School (ELS) and the secondary as the Secondary Laboratory School (SLS). Both of these were connected with the College of Teacher's Education by helping college students practice teaching children and adolescents. The ELS campus is located at KM. 5, La Trinidad while the SLS campus is in the Out Post, La Trinidad.
- "Benguet State University Website". Benguet State University. Retrieved 2008-10-09.
- "An Act Converting the Mountain Agricultural College in the Municipality of La Trinidad, Province of Benguet, to a State College to be known as the Mountain State Agricultural College". Chan Robles Virtual Law Library. 21 June 1969. Retrieved 8 October 2014.
- "Presidential Decree 2010". Philippine Government. January 12, 1986. Retrieved 2008-10-09.