Benjamin Ipavec (24 December 1829 – 20 December 1908) was one of the foremost Slovene Romantic composers. A native of Šentjur, he lived in that town for much of his life. He was a physician in his professional life; as a composer he wrote mainly small choral pieces for amateur forces. He wrote the first Slovene operetta, titled Tičnik. His brother Gustav and nephew Josip were both active as physicians and composers as well. Ipavec died in Graz on 20 December 1908 and he was buried there two days later.
- Dr. Benjamin Ipavec. 1908. Slovenski narod 51(198) (22 December): 3–4.
- Krek. 1909. Dr. Benjamin Ipavec. Novi akordi 8(4) (1 January).
- Štajerske novice: Pogreb pok. dr. B. Ipavica. 1908. Domovina 18(148) (23 December): 2.
- Media related to Benjamin Ipavec at Wikimedia Commons
- Free scores by Benjamin Ipavec in the Choral Public Domain Library (ChoralWiki)
|This article about a Slovenian composer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|