|The Very Reverend
|Dean of Exeter|
|Dean of Manchester|
|Religion||Church of England|
Born on 8 June 1816, he was educated at St John's College, Cambridge and graduated Senior Wrangler in 1839. Ordained in 1841 he was successively Tutor, Lecturer and Fellow at his old college. Afterwards he was Vicar of St Lawrence Jewry followed by an 11-year spell in Manchester, followed by a further 17 at Exeter. He died on 3 May 1900.
- The Times, Friday, 12 November 1880; pg. 10; Issue 30037; col E University Intelligence.
- “Who was Who”1897-1990 London, A & C Black, 1991 ISBN 0-7136-3457-X
- "Mr Hopkins’ Men: Cambridge Reform and British Mathematics in the 19th Century" Craik,A.D.D: London, Springer, 2007 ISBN 978-1-84628-790-9
- "Cowie, Benjamin Morgan (CWY833BM)". A Cambridge Alumni Database. University of Cambridge.
- Victoria County History A History of the County of Lancaster: Volume 4 J. Brownbill;, William Farrer,W (ed) 1911
- The Times, Friday, 4 May 1900; pg. 6; Issue 36133; col G Obituary-The Dean Of Exeter
|Church of England titles|
George Hull Bowers
|Dean of Manchester
1872 – 1883
|Dean of Exeter
1883 – 1900