This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (June 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Percy in 2006
|Alma mater||Brown University;|
Southern Illinois University
|Genre||Novel, Short Story|
Benjamin Percy is an American novelist, short story writer, essayist, comics writer, and screenwriter.
Benjamin Percy has published four novels, The Dark Net, The Dead Lands, Red Moon, and The Wilding, as well as two books of short fiction: Refresh, Refresh and The Language of Elk. In 2016, he published his first book of non-fiction, a collection of essays on writing and genre fiction: Thrill Me.
Percy's first work for DC Comics was writing Detective Comics #35 - 36 in 2014, which was part of the company's New 52 branding. He eventually took over as writer on the company's Green Arrow series, beginning with issue 41, and continuing until issue 52, when that series was cancelled in preparation for DC's 2016 DC Rebirth initiative, which involved restarting its monthly titles with new #1 issues. Percy would continue as writer on Green Arrow with its new series in 2016, beginning with the one-shot Green Arrow: Rebirth, which sold over 90,000 copies when it was released in May 2016. It was the highest-selling issue with Green Arrow as the main character in recent comics history, and received a second-printing. In comparison, the final issues of the previous Green Arrow series sold between 21,000 and 22,000 copies, the last Green Arrow #1, from the New 52 launch, sold 55,512 copies, and Kevin Smith's Green Arrow #1 from 2001 sold 85,046 copies.
- The Language of Elk (2006)
- Refresh, Refresh (2007)
- Thrill Me: Essays on Fiction (2016)
- Suicide Woods (2019)
- The Wilding (2010)
- Red Moon (2013)
- The Dead Lands (2015)
- The Dark Net (2017)
- Detective Comics #35–36 (October–November 2014) "Terminal" (with John Paul Leon)
- Volume 7: Anarky (hc, 176 pages, 2016) collects
- Green Arrow Volume 6 #41–52 (with Patrick Zircher, June 2015–May 2016)
- Green Arrow Volume 7 #1-38 (with Otto Schmidt and Juan Ferreyra, October 2016–March 2018)
- Teen Titans Volume 6 #1-20 (with Jonboy Meyers, Wade Von Grawbadger, and Khoi Pham, November 2016-July 2018)
- Volume 1: Damian Knows Best (sc, 144 pages, 2017) collects
- Volume 2: The Rise of Aqualad (sc, 128 pages, 2018) collects
- Volume 3: The Return of Kid Flash (sc, 152 pages, 2018) collects
- Nightwing Volume 4 #44-50 (with Chris Mooneyham and Amancay Nahuelpan, July-December 2018)
- James Bond: Black Box #1-6 (March-August 2017) (with Rapha Lobosco)
- James Bond: Black Box (hc, 176 pages, 2017) collects
- X-Force #1–present (with Joshua Cassara, November 2019–present)
- Weapon Plus: World War IV #1 (with Georges Jeanty and Rachelle Rosenberg, January 2020 )
- Wolverine #1–present (with Adam Kubert and Victor Bogdonavic, February 2020–present)
|"Refresh, Refresh"||2005||Percy, Benjamin (2005). "Refresh, Refresh". The Paris Review. 175. Retrieved 2015-08-27.||Percy, Benjamin (2007). Refresh, Refresh. Graywolf Press. ISBN 978-1-55597-485-5.|
|"Writs of Possession"||2011||Percy, Benjamin (Spring 2011). "Writs of Possession". Virginia Quarterly Review. 87 (2). Retrieved 2015-03-08.||Henderson, Bill, ed. (2013). ""Writs of Possession"". The Pushcart Prize XXXVII : best of the small presses 2013. Pushcart Press. pp. 217–231.|
Wolverine - The Long Night (Podcast)
- Jasper, David. Writing Stories the Color of Oregon — Former Resident Releases Collection of Short Tales. The Bulletin (Bend, Oregon), April 11, 2006.
- Couto, Anthony (June 6, 2016). "REPORT: 'Green Arrow: Rebirth' #1 Sells Over 90,000 Copies". Comic Book Resources.
- Peschel, Joseph (October 20, 2010). "Fathers, sons, and the pull of the wild". Boston.com.
- Rogers, Vaneta (May 26, 2015). "Acclaimed Novelist Brings 'Dark Aesthetic' To GREEN ARROW In June". Newsarama.
- X-Force (2019-2020)
- Weapon Plus: World War IV #1
- Wolverine (2020-Present)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Benjamin Percy.|