|The Right Reverend
|Bishop of Sodor and Man|
Pollard when Rector of St Chrysostom's, Manchester
|Diocese||Diocese of Sodor and Man|
|In office||1954 to 1966|
|Other posts||Bishop of Lancaster (1936–1954)|
|Birth name||Benjamin Pollard|
|Born||12 September 1890|
|Died||11 April 1967(aged 76)|
|Spouse||Marjorie (m. 1916–61)
Eileen (m. 1962–67)
Early life and education
Pollard was born on 12 September 1890, the son of Benjamin Pollard and Cecilia Beatrice Pollard (née Foxwell). He was educated at Manchester Grammar School and the Victoria University of Manchester.
He was ordained in 1914 and was a chaplain during World War I with the British Armed Forces. After this he became the Precentor of Sheffield Cathedral and then Rector of Bradfield. From 1924 to 1928 he was Rector of St Chrysostom's Victoria Park, Manchester and then began a long association with the Lancaster area. He was Vicar for eight years and, in his last years there, an archdeacon.
He retired in 1966 and died the following year.
In 1916, Pollard married Marjorie Bradbury. They had one son together before her death in 1961. In 1962, he married Eileen Vellan, a widow; she survived him.
- "Rt Rev B Pollard: Former Bishop of Sodor and Man", The Times, 12 April 1967, p12
- "POLLARD, Rt Rev. Benjamin". Who Was Who. Oxford University Press. April 2014. Retrieved 3 September 2016.
- Who's Who 1992 (London, A & C Black ISBN 0-7136-3514-2)
- lancaster Priory time-line
- "Two New Bishops: Lancaster And Eastern Szechwan", The Times, 1 August 1936, p9
- "Ecclesiastical News: New Bishop Of Sodor And Man", The Times, 21 September 1954, p10
|Anglican Bishop of Lancaster
Anthony Leigh Egerton Hoskyns-Abrahall
John Ralph Strickland Taylor
|Bishop of Sodor and Man
George Eric Gordon
|This article about a United Kingdom bishop is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Church of England bishop is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about the Isle of Man is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|