17 September 1986 |
|Nationality||Spain, United Kingdom|
|Current club information|
|British league||Kent Kings|
|2005, 2008||Scunthorpe Scorpions|
|2007||King's Lynn Stars|
|2008, 2009||Redcar Bears|
|2008||Conference League Riders|
|2007||Premier Trophy Winner|
Compton has ridden for Buxton Hitmen in 2004, Scunthorpe Scorpions in 2005, Sheffield Tigers in 2006 as well as Berwick Bandits and King's Lynn Stars in 2007. He won the Premier Trophy in 2007 while riding for King's Lynn.
His parent club is Sheffield Tigers who in 2008 granted him permission to ride for Scunthorpe Scorpions who had moved up to the Premier League from the Conference League. Compton had ridden for Scunthorpe in the Conference League from 2005 to 2007. In May 2008, however, it was revealed that Compton would be leaving Scunthorpe as part of team strengthening. Compton subsequently rode for the Redcar Bears for the remainder of the season. In September 2008, Compton won the Conference League Riders' Championship at Rye House with a 14 point tally.
Compton is the first speedway rider with Spanish citizenship to have signed a contract with a Polish club (Polonia Piła for the 2009 season). In August 2009, he joined National League team, the Weymouth Wildcats.
Compton was born in Playa de las Américas, Tenerife, Spain. When he was four years old, his family was moved to Great Britain. He now lives in Bradford, England and has two citizenships; Spanish and British. Compton is the younger brother of former Sheffield Tigers captain Andre Compton.
- Oakes, Peter (2004). British Speedway Who's Who. ISBN 0-948882-81-6.
- Bamford, Robert (2007-03-01). Tempus Speedway Yearbook 2007. NPI Media Group. ISBN 0-7524-4250-3.
- "Scunthorpe Speedway: Compton leaves as Scorpions set to strengthen". WorldSpeedway.com. 2008. Retrieved 2008-06-03.
- "Compton takes Conference title". British Speedway Promoters' Association. 2008. Retrieved 2008-11-03.
- "Hiszpan w polskiej lidze" (in Polish). SportoweFakty.pl. 2009-02-06. Retrieved 2009-02-06.
- "Kings Call for Compton", speedwaygb.co, 16 May 2013. Retrieved 16 May 2013