|No. -- Free agent|
|Date of birth:||September 16, 1991|
|Place of birth:||Hazlet, New Jersey|
|Height:||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Weight:||192 lb (87 kg)|
|High school:||Hazlet (NJ) Raritan|
|NFL Draft:||2014 / Round: 6 / Pick: 187|
|Career NFL statistics|
Bennett Troy Jackson, Jr. (born September 16, 1991) is an American football Safety who is currently a free agent. He was drafted by the Giants in the sixth round of the 2014 NFL Draft. He played college football at Notre Dame.
Jackson grew up in Hazlet, New Jersey, where he attended Raritan High School. He recorded 40 receptions for 729 yards and rushed 20 times for 350 yards as senior in 2010. He also played defensive back and intercepted four passes in 2009, helping lead Raritan to 8-3 record in 2009. He caught 35 passes for 509 yards with four TDs during his junior season in 2008 and rushed 35 times for 267 yards and four TDs. He added two passing TDs, two punt returns for TDs and one kickoff return for a score during his junior season, averaging 38 yards per kickoff return and 18 yards per punt return in 2008.
He also competed in track and field as sprinter and a hurdler. He was a specialist in the 110 meter hurdles, he ran a personal best of 13.75 seconds. He also competed in the 100 meters, 200 meters and 400 meters, posting personal bests of 10.82 seconds, 21.73 seconds and 49.36 seconds, respectively.
Jackson began his career at wide receiver playing mostly on special teams as a freshman in 2010. He recorded ten total tackles and had one carry for twenty yards. In 2011, after converting to cornerback in spring practice, playing mostly on special teams and as a backup, he recorded 18 tackles. In his junior season in 2012, he started all 13 games. He recorded 65 total tackles, including one and a half for loss, four interceptions and four pass break ups while playing the entire season with a torn labrum in his right shoulder. In 2013, as a senior, he recorded 64 tackles, including five for loss, one sack, one forced fumble, two interceptions and three pass breakups.
2014 NFL Draft
New York Giants
He signed his rookie contract with the Giants on May 19, 2014. He was cut on August 30, 2014 as part of the cutdown to 53 players, but was assigned to the practice squad the next day. In the beginning of the 2015 NFL Season, the Giants announced that Jackson will be moving from cornerback to safety. On August 22, 2015, Jackson suffered a torn ACL in the Giants' second preseason game and was expected to miss the rest of the season. On September 1, 2015, he was placed on injured reserve by the Giants. On August 30, 2016, he was waived by the Giants.
- Dunleavy, Ryan. "Bennett Jackson of Hazlet starts anew in Giants rookie mini-camp", Asbury Park Press, May 9, 2015. Accessed May 17, 2015. "Jackson is one of 17 second-year pros among the 66 players in rookie mini-camp with the Giants, though the Raritan High School product has the same amount of regular-season game experience as those new to the NFL."
- Bennett Jackson - Yahoo Sports
- Bennett Jackson moving to defensive back
- Bennett Jackson excelled as first time starter, despite injury
- New York Giants draft CB Bennett Jackson in sixth round
- "New York Giants Sign Odell Beckham Jr., Weston Richburg, Devon Kennard & Bennett Jackson".
- Raanan, Jordan (August 23, 2015). "Giants safety Bennett Jackson has torn ACL in knee". NJ.com. Retrieved August 23, 2015.
- Eisen, Michael (September 1, 2015). "New York Giants announce first round of roster cuts". Giants.com. Retrieved September 1, 2015.
- Eisen, Michael. "Giants announce first round of roster cuts". Giants.com.