The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for companies and organizations. (September 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Industry||Finance and Insurance|
|Headquarters||Peterborough, United Kingdom|
|Gordon Bennett, founder |
Vincent Chaney, Managing Director
Bennetts is a specialist motorbike insurance broker headquartered in Peterborough, with a contact centre in Coventry, England. The company is part of the Saga Group and currently has over 220,000 policyholders across the UK. The Managing Director is Vincent Chaney.
Bennetts was founded by Gordon Bennett in 1930 in Coventry and initially provided general insurance services for customers in the West Midlands. By the early 1980s, it focused solely on providing insurance to motorcyclists.
In 2011 the company launched an on-line portal enabling motorcyclists and dealers to advertise their bikes for sale, and in 2012 it launched a social network intended to become the "ultimate biker website". Bike Social is managed by former Motorcycle News editor Marc Potter  as part of his role as Bennetts' Head of Community.
Bennetts is very active in the sponsorship of motorcycle race teams, events and individual racers. The company is the title sponsor of the Bennetts Suzuki  team in the British Superbike Championship and is a personal sponsor of MotoGP rider Scott Redding, Isle of Man TT racer John McGuinness (motorcycle racer) and young Red Bull Rookies MotoGP Cup prodigy Rory Skinner. Bennetts is also an official partner of the Isle of Man TT races  and, between 2005 and 2008 was the title sponsor of the British Superbike Championship.
- Bennetts. "About Us - Bennetts". Retrieved 19 October 2018.
- Bennetts goes live with online facility Insurance Age (2000)(registration required)
- History of BGL Group Archived November 26, 2012, at the Wayback Machine
- Bennetts launches free bike classifieds Peterborough Today (2012)
- "Bennetts launches dedicated social network for bikers". Retrieved 19 October 2018.
- Bennetts. "BikeSocial - Motorcycle News, Reviews and Features - Bennetts". Retrieved 19 October 2018.
- Bachelor, Lisa (28 January 2015). "Saga roars into middle-aged biker market with new acquisition". the Guardian. Retrieved 19 October 2018.
- "Saga buys motorcycle insurance firm". HeraldScotland. Retrieved 19 October 2018.
- desk, BSB. "Bennetts back Halsall Suzuki in BSB for two years". Bikesport News. Retrieved 19 October 2018.
- "Sponsors - Rory Skinner Racing". Retrieved 19 October 2018.
- "Bennetts - iomtt.com: The World's #1 TT Website". www.iomtt.com. Retrieved 19 October 2018.