Bennington Township, Licking County, Ohio
|Bennington Township, Licking County, Ohio|
Otter Fork of the Licking River
Location in Licking County
|• Total||27.1 sq mi (70.3 km2)|
|• Land||27.1 sq mi (70.3 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||1,129 ft (344 m)|
|• Density||46.6/sq mi (18.0/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086452|
Located on the northern edge of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Milford Township, Knox County - north
- Miller Township, Knox County - northeast corner
- Burlington Township - east
- McKean Township - southeast corner
- Liberty Township - south
- Monroe Township - southwest corner
- Hartford Township - west
- Hilliar Township, Knox County - northwest corner
No municipalities are located in Bennington Township.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Licking County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates[permanent dead link] Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.