This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (May 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Operating system||Windows, Linux, FreeBSD, macOS, Haiku|
|Platform||Personal computers, GP2X Wiz, Caanoo, Dingoo, Nintendo WII, embedded systems|
|Available in||English, Spanish|
|Type||Game engine, Compiler|
|License||GNU General Public License|
BennuGD (also referred as Bennu Game Development or Bennu) is a high-level open-source video game development suite, originally created as a Fenix Project fork by Argentinian hacker SpliterGU. It is officially supported for Windows, Linux, GP2X Wiz, GP2X Caanoo and Dingux, but can also be run on multiple other platforms to some extent, including FreeBSD, Mac OS X, iOS, and consoles such as GP2X, Dingoo A320, and Wii. Most recently BennuGD has been ported to Sega Dreamcast and PlayStation 2.
BennuGD focuses on modularity and portability and makes it easy for both beginners and experienced users to create their own games.[original research?]
BennuGD is a console application. There are several integrated development environments (IDE) available, but none are officially supported. The package includes a compiler, run-time code, and different shared libraries to extend core functionality.
As of this edit, this article uses content from "What is Bennu?", which is licensed in a way that permits reuse under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License, but not under the GFDL. All relevant terms must be followed.
- "Interview with SplinterGU where he explains why he forked took over Fenix and why he later forked it". Bennugd.org. 2009-06-03. Retrieved 2010-09-15.
- "Official downloads page with binaries for the officially supported platforms". Bennugd.org. Retrieved 2010-09-15.
- "Portlibs version of bennugd-core". Freshports.org. Retrieved 2010-09-15.
- "Message with a link to a compiled version of BennuGD for Mac OS X (Spanish)". Forum.bennugd.org. 2010-05-02. Retrieved 2010-09-15.
- "Download page for a fork of BennuGD with iOS binaries ready for download". 2011-12-08. Retrieved 2012-05-18.
- josebagar. "Wiibrew forums message introducing BennuGD for Wii". Forum.wiibrew.org. Archived from the original on 2011-07-27. Retrieved 2010-09-15.
- "TodoLinux online website for issue 110 (Spanish)". Iberprensa.com. Retrieved 2010-09-15.[permanent dead link]
- "TodoLinux online website for issue 111 (Spanish)". Iberprensa.com. Retrieved 2010-09-15.[permanent dead link]
|This video game software-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|