Benny Ninja (né Benjamin Thomas) is a self-taught Vogue-style dancer from the underground clubs based in Westchester, New York. He is best known for his involvement in ball culture. He is the father of the House of Ninja, a post given to him by the late Willi Ninja of Paris is Burning fame.
In his dance, Ninja incorporates aspects of martial arts, gymnastics, house dancing, and yoga. He has performed throughout the United States and Europe.
Ninja was involved in the Metro-North train derailment that took place on Sunday December 1, 2013. He survived the accident but was "emotionally shaken" and suffered "some injuries." Following his accident, Javier Ninja now occupies the role of Father of the House of Ninja.
- "Ben Ninja Faculty Bio". Broadway Dance Center, Faculty Bios. Retrieved March 30, 2011.
- Aterovis, Josh (23 March 2007), "America's Next Top Model - 8.5 - "If I Only Wasn't Dead"", AfterElton.com, archived from the original on 3 December 2010, retrieved 23 March 2010
- Time Out Magazine (New York) : "Body Madness": Cori Olinghouse, Benny Ninja and Javier Ninja (last retrieved April 10, 2015)
- Broadway Dance Centre - bio of Benny Ninja  retrieved April 2, 2015
- Disco Proletariat : "Javier Ninja, new father of the House of Ninja" by Spectre of the Rose (March 26, 2014)  retrieved April 2, 2015
- The New York Times : "Metro-North Train Sped at 82 M.P.H. Ahead of Curve in Fatal Crash" (Published: December 2, 2013)  retrieved April 2, 2015
- On Benny Ninja's official Facebook page, a statement was released on his behalf which reads (December 2, 2013):
- "Dear Fans & Friends of Benny Ninja,
- Benny was riding the Metro North train on Sunday morning 12/1/2013 that derailed in New York.
- The GOOD NEWS, though emotionally shaken and some injuries, Benny is ALIVE and is in the hospital recovering, date of release TBA. ::Condolences to the 4 families who lost loved ones and speedy recovery to Benny and the other passengers who were injured. Updates to follow and feel free to post your well wishes."  - retrieved April 2, 2015
- BBC News (World Service) Twitter page. We can see Benny as one of the survivors holding his jaw. "Wreckage and rescue: Pictures of #MetroNorth train crash in Bronx, New York" 
|This article about lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender topics is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about someone associated with the art of dance is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|