|Full name||Benjamin Phillips|
|Date of birth||9 June 1960|
|Place of birth||Hazel Grove, England|
|Playing position||Right back|
|2007–2008||Bradford Park Avenue|
|2011– 2015||Radcliffe Borough|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
Benjamin Benny Phillips (born 9 June 1960 in Hazel Grove, Cheshire) is an English former professional association footballer who played as a right-back. He played in the Football League for Bury. He is currently manager of Radcliffe Borough of the Northern Premier League Division One North.
He joined Bury in September 1980. He played 14 times that season and was linked with a move to Bolton Wanderers that fell through due to a pelvic injury, but was released and joined Stalybridge Celtic after a brief spell with Crewe Alexandra. He joined Mossley in August 1982 and was voted the supporters' player of the year the following season. He remained a regular the following season until leaving to join Witton Albion following the departure of manager Bob Murphy from the club in December 1983.
He subsequently played for Winsford United, Barrow, Buxton and Rossendale United before rejoining Mossley in November 1990. He left to join Curzon Ashton early in the 1991–92 season, later playing for Droylsden.
Coaching and managerial career
Phillips was assistant manager at Stalybridge Celtic, Congleton Town and Ashton United and managed coached Mid-Cheshire League sides Grove United and Bramhall before taking over as manager of Mossley in July 1997. He left in November 2001 to take over as manager of Witton Albion, resigning in August 2003 after Albion had lost their first three games of the season.
He was later assistant manager of Leek Town (from May 2004 until May 2005), Clitheroe (from June 2005) and Witton Albion before taking over as manager of Bradford Park Avenue in March 2007. He was sacked by Bradford in February 2008, despite the team being in the race for promotion.
He was appointed as first-team coach, under manager Steve Burr, of Stalybridge Celtic in June 2009. He was made caretaker manager of Stalybridge Celtic in January 2010 following Steve Burr's departure to take over Conference National side Kidderminster Harriers. He was appointed manager of Radcliffe Borough in February 2011 by chairman Bernard Manning jnr (son of the late comic Bernard Manning).
- "Complete A–Z of players 1919–2010: Pace to Pyke". Mossley A.F.C. Retrieved 25 February 2010.
- Manning is upbeat on Boro fortunes Bury Times
- "Phillips returns with Leek". NonLeagueDaily. 3 May 2004. Retrieved 25 February 2010.
- "Phillips looks to old boys". NonLeagueDaily. 29 November 2001. Retrieved 25 February 2010.
- "Phillips first to go". NonLeagueDaily. 26 August 2003. Retrieved 25 February 2010.
- "Phillips leaves Leek". NonLeagueDaily. 18 May 2005. Retrieved 25 February 2010.
- "Lawson takes Clitheroe reins". NonLeagueDaily. 28 June 2005. Retrieved 25 February 2010.
- "Park Avenue go nap for Benny". NonLeagueDaily. 7 April 2007. Retrieved 25 February 2010.
- "Phillips sacked by Park Avenue". NonLeagueDaily. 20 February 2008. Retrieved 25 February 2010.
- "Burr brings in peyton and Phillips". NonLeagueDaily. 29 June 2009. Retrieved 25 February 2010.
- "Phillips takes caretaker charge". NonLeagueDaily. 21 January 2010. Retrieved 25 February 2010.
- Bernard Manning Jr Returns as Chairman FC Business.co.uk
- Bingo Closed Clubs Bingo VG