3 September 1957 |
|Education||École Centrale Paris|
|Occupation||CEO of Air Liquide Group|
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (September 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Benoît Potier is a graduate of the École Centrale des Arts et Manufactures Paris (in 1979), a prominent engineering school. Benoît Potier also attended the executive training program of the Wharton International Forum and the INSEAD Advanced Management program.
Benoît Potier joined Air Liquide in 1981 as Research and Development Engineer. From 1985 to 1993 he served as Project Manager and Business Developer at the Engineering and Construction Department of the Company. Benoît Potier became Director of Strategic Planning and organization in 1993, and Deputy Director of operations in 1994. He was appointed Executive Vice-President in 1995.
Benoît Potier is also chairman of the Air Liquide Foundation, and has been awarded with France's distinction : Knight of the French Legion of honour “Chevalier de la Légion d'Honneur” and with the distinction of “Officier de l’Ordre du Mérite” in 2006.
Outside of the Air Liquide Group, he currently serves also as Member of the Supervisory Board and member of the Audit Committee of Michelin and Board of Danone, Director of Ecole Centrale des Arts et Manufactures de Paris, board member of the ANSA (Association Nationale des Societes par Actions), board member of the AFEP (Association Française des Entreprises Privées), board member of the Cercle de l’Industrie, Member of the French Board of INSEAD, board member of ”La Fabrique de l’Industrie”  and as Vice-chairman of the European Roundtable of Industrialists “ERT”.
- Plunkett, Jack W. (August 2008). Plunkett's Chemicals, Coatings and Plastics Industry Almanac 2009: Chemicals, Coatings and Plastics Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends and Leading Companies. Plunkett Research, Ltd. pp. 153–. ISBN 978-1-59392-125-5. Retrieved 28 September 2011.
- "Cannes B20 Summit - Benoît Potier Air Liquide – Croissance verte".
- Air Liquide – Benoit Potier’s biography http://www.airliquide.com/en/benoit-potier-9.html
- Reuters – Danone SA - https://www.reuters.com/finance/stocks/companyOfficers?symbol=DANO.PA
- Financial Times – Air Liquide directors and officers - http://markets.ft.com/research/Markets/Tearsheets/Directors-and-dealings?s=AI:PAR
- ERT (European Roundtable of Industrialists) - Members "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-03-24. Retrieved 2012-04-15.
- (in French) Category:French businesspeople