|Born||1969 (age 49–50)|
|Alma mater||Makerere University|
(BSc in Economics & Statistics)
(PhD in Economics)
University of Zimbabwe
(MSc in Economics)
|Years active||1995 — present|
|Known for||Transparency and credibility|
|Title||Permanent Secretary in the Uganda Ministry of Internal Affairs|
Benon Mugisha Mutambi is a Ugandan economist and civil servant, who has served as the Permanent Secretary in the Uganda Ministry of Internal Affairs, since December 2016. Prior to his appointment to the interior ministry, he served as the Chief Executive Officer of Electricity Regulatory Authority (ERA), the government agency responsible for the regulation of electricity tariffs in Uganda.
Background and education
He studied at Makerere University, graduating with a Bachelor of Science in economics and statistics. His Master of Science in economics was obtained from the University of Zimbabwe. He also holds a Doctor of Philosophy in economics was awarded by Makerere University.
He previously taught Economics and Statistics at university level in Uganda. For a period of nine years he worked in the Bank of Uganda, "in the areas of monetary policy, external sector policies, and regional integration". He joined ERA in 2004.
Dr. Benon M Mutambi is married.
- ERA (27 March 2017). "Engineer Ziria Tibalwa Waako Appointed Chief Executive Officer". Kampala: Electricity Regulatory Authority (ERA). Retrieved 24 September 2017.
- Bwire, Job (4 November 2016). "Museveni appoints Dr Diana Atwiine PS health ministry". Daily Monitor. Kampala. Retrieved 24 September 2017.
- AEF (11 October 2016). "Profile of Benon M. Mutambi". Africa Energy Forum (AEF). Retrieved 11 October 2016.
- Mbanga, Jeff (23 October 2015). "ERA chief explains why you have to pay more for power". The Observer (Uganda). Kampala. Retrieved 11 October 2016.
- AIE (9 November 2015). "Benon Mutambi, Chief Executive Officer, Electricity Regulatory Authority, Uganda". Africa Investment Exchange (AIE). Retrieved 11 October 2016.
- Munteza W (13 June 2015). "Dr. Benon M. Mutambi, CEO of Electricity Regulatory Authority, Uganda to join powerful speakers at the London Uganda Investment Forum in UK: 12th September 2015". London: Ugandan Convention United Kingdom. Retrieved 11 October 2016.
- Wesonga, Nelson (11 October 2016). "ERA reduces power tariffs". Daily Monitor. Kampala. Retrieved 11 October 2016.
- Africa Energy Newsletter (20 January 2017). "Ugandan ERA names new acting head" (Issue 338). Hastings, United Kingdom: Africa Energy Newsletter. Retrieved 18 September 2018.
- Agnes E. Nantaba (19 October 2015). "Uganda: My Wife Is My Best Manager, Adviser - Interview With Dr. Benon Mutambi". The Independent (Uganda) via AllAfrica.com. Kampala. Retrieved 11 October 2016.