|Minister of Health and Care Services|
16 October 2013
|Prime Minister||Erna Solberg|
|Preceded by||Jonas Gahr Støre|
|Member of the Norwegian Parliament|
12 September 2001
4 May 1971 |
|Spouse(s)||Dag Terje Solvang|
|Alma mater||University of Bergen|
Bent Høie (born 4 May 1971) is a Norwegian politician from the Conservative Party who has been Minister of Health and Care Services since 16 October 2013. He is a representative of Rogaland in the Storting and was first elected in 2001.
Høie was born in Randaberg. He studied law at University of Bergen in 1991 and also attended the Norwegian School of Hotel Management from 1991-93. Høie represented his party in Stavanger Municipal Council and Rogaland County Council.
- 2005–2009: Member of the Standing Committee on Local Government and Public Administration.
- 2001–2005: Member of the Standing Committee on Health and Social Affairs.
- 2000–2001: Member of the Standing Committee on Energy and the Environment
- 2001- : Deputy member of the Norwegian Delegation to the Nordic Council, deputy member of the Norwegian Delegation to the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe.
- 2000-, 1991-1999: Member of the Rogaland County Council
- 1999-2003: Member of the Stavanger Municipal Council
- 1999-2000: Member of the Rogaland County Executive Board
- 1991-1995: Member of the Randaberg Municipal Council
- 2000- : Chairman of the Stavanger Conservative Party
- 1997-1999: Deputy chairman of the Rogaland Conservative Party
- 1995-1999: Political adviser for the Stavanger Conservative Party group in the Municipal Council
- 1993-1995: Campaign secretary of the Rogaland Conservative Party
- 1993-1995: Member of the Central Executive Committee of the Young Conservatives of Norway
- 1990-1992: Chairman of the Rogaland Young Conservatives
In March 2016, Høie was appointed by United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon to the High-Level Commission on Health Employment and Economic Growth, which was co-chaired by presidents François Hollande of France and Jacob Zuma of South Africa.
Other administrative posts
- 2000- : Chairman of the board of the Dyslexia Research Foundation
Høie is openly gay and married to Dag Terje Solvang.
- High-Level Commission on Health Employment and Economic Growth – Commissioners World Health Organization.
- "Høie tar med ektemannen til Sotsji". Dagbladet (in Norwegian). Norwegian News Agency. 3 February 2014. Retrieved 3 February 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bent Høie.|
- Bent Høie Biography official Norwegian Parliament website