St Mary's parish church
|Population||776 (2011 Census)|
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Ambulance||East of England|
|EU Parliament||East of England|
|Website||Bentley Village in Suffolk|
Bentley has a Church of England parish church, a Reformed Baptist church, a Church of England primary school, a pub, a Village Hall and a riding school. A community owned village shop opened in the summer of 2016.
Bentley has a parish council. It has also a forum called Bentley Free Speech  that comments on matters relating to the parish council and other village issues. There also an alternative news site called Bentley News  which is managed by a local resident.
The Eastern Union Railway was built through the parish and opened on 15 July 1846. Bentley railway station was about 1⁄2 mile (800 m) east of the village, and served the area until British Railways closed it in 1966. The station was a junction between 1847 and 1965 for the Hadleigh branch line. The branch line also had a short-lived station called Bentley Church (1847-1853).
The main line railway is now (2016) known as the Great Eastern Main Line.
- "Area: Bentley (Parish): Key Figures for 2011 Census: Key Statistics". Neighbourhood Statistics. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 2 May 2015.
- Archbishops' Council (2015). "St Mary Bentley, Bentley". A Church Near You. Church of England. Retrieved 2 May 2015.
- Bentley Reformed Baptist Church
- Bentley CEVC Primary School
- The Case is Altered
- Bentley Village Hall (Suffolk) is the main Hub of the village activities
- Bentley Riding School
- Bentley Stores
- Bentley Parish Council
- [http://bentleyfreespeech.freeforums.org Bentley Free Speech]
- Bentley News
- Mitchell, Vic (June 2011). Branch Lines to Harwich and Hadleigh. Midhurst: Middleton Press. Historical Background. ISBN 978 1 908174 02 4.
- Richard S, Joby (January 2000). "Brassey, Bruff, Locke and the Norwich Extension". Great Eastern Journal. 101: 26.
- Moffat, Hugh (1987). East Anglia's first railways. Lavenham: Terence Dalton Limited. pp. 176–180. ISBN 0 86138 038 X.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bentley, Suffolk.|