Bentley Wood High School
|Headteacher||Ms Janice Howkins|
|DfE URN||137178 Tables|
|Ofsted||Reports Pre-academy reports|
BWHS was originally called Heriots Wood Grammar School.
About the school
Bentley Wood High School is a multi-cultural girls' comprehensive school which receives students from a wide range of primary schools. The majority of students transfer from Harrow Primary schools but students are also admitted from out of borough.
Bentley Wood High School specializes in Maths, Science, and Computing. It has been nationally recognised for its exceptional 2015 performance by the Schools, Students and Teachers network (SSAT).The school was declared outstanding by Ofsted, and has been in the top 1% of schools nationally for three years. It was recognized as the 7th highest school in the country in 2015 for student progress. 
There are now four Houses. Earth, Air, Fire and Water, named after the four classical natural elements. Each House has its own logo designed by students.
The Academy complies with the requirements of the Funding Agreement and the School Admissions Code, and recognises that its ‘relevant area’ is the London Borough of Harrow.
Notable former pupils
- Camilla Beeput, TV & theatre actress
- Shami Chakrabarti, Shadow Attorney General for England and Wales, appointed 6 October 2016
- Ruby McGregor-Smith, Baroness McGregor-Smith, CEO of Mitie Group PLC & Life Peer in The House of Lord
- Abi Oyepitan, 100m sprinter
- Carla Marie Williams, songwriter
- "Equality Information - Bentley Wood High School". Bentleywood.harrow.sch.uk. Retrieved 2013-11-01.
- tables/secondary schools/html/310_4032.stm Bentley Wood High School on the BBC news website
- "Ofsted report", Ofsted Reports
- "Compare Schools""], Gov.uk
- Official website
- Edubase[permanent dead link]
- Campbell, Sarah (2009-03-13). "UK | Education | Putting brakes on engineering shortage". BBC News. Retrieved 2013-11-01.