Bentley Wood High School
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Headteacher||Ms Janice Howkins|
|DfE URN||137178 Tables|
|Ofsted||Reports Pre-academy reports|
Bentley Wood High School specializes in math, science, and computing. It is situated just north of the A410, in the parish of All Saints, Harrow Weald, just south of Bentley Wood Nature Reserve. It can be reached via Masefield Avenue.
The school is located just south of Heriot's Wood, which itself is just south of the famous Bentley Priory. BWHS was originally called Heriots Wood Grammar School. The student body represents a variety of diverse backgrounds.
About the school
The school was declared outstanding by Ofsted, and has been in the top 1% of schools nationally for three years. It was stated the 7th highest school in the country in 2015 for student progress.
Notable former pupils
- Shami Chakrabarti, Director since 2003 of Liberty (pressure group), and Chancellor of Oxford Brookes University since 2008
- Abi Oyepitan, 100m sprinter
- Camilla Beeput, TV & Theatre Actor
- Carmell Roche, Movie & TV Actor
- Ruby McGregor-Smith, Baroness McGregor-Smith, CEO of Mitie Group PLC & Life Peer in The House of Lord
- Bentley Wood High School on the BBC news website
- "Equality Information - Bentley Wood High School". Bentleywood.harrow.sch.uk. Retrieved 2013-11-01.
- Official website
- Campbell, Sarah (2009-03-13). "UK | Education | Putting brakes on engineering shortage". BBC News. Retrieved 2013-11-01.