Bentley Wood High School
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Headteacher||Ms Janice Howkins|
|DfE URN||137178 Tables|
|Ofsted||Reports Pre-academy reports|
Bentley Wood High School is an all-girls secondary academy school in Stanmore Harrow, England. The school was declared outstanding by Ofsted, and has been in the top 1% of schools nationally for three years. It was recognized as the 7th highest school in the country in 2015 for student progress. 
BWHS was originally called Heriots Wood Grammar School.
About the school
Bentley Wood High School is a multi-cultural girls' comprehensive school which receives students from a wide range of primary schools. The majority of students transfer from Harrow Primary schools but also admit students from out of borough.
Bentley Wood High School specializes in Maths, Science, and Computing. It has been nationally recognised for its exceptional 2015 performance by the Schools, Students and Teachers network (SSAT). It is situated just north of the A410, in the parish of All Saints, Harrow Weald, just south of Bentley Wood Nature Reserve. It can be reached via Masefield Avenue.
There are now four Houses. Earth, Air, Fire and Water, named after the four classical natural elements. Each House has its own logo designed by students.
The Academy complies with the requirements of the Funding Agreement and the School Admissions Code, and recognises that its ‘relevant area’ is the London Borough of Harrow.
Notable former pupils
- Shami Chakrabarti, Shadow Attorney General for England and Wales, appointed 6 October 2016
- Abi Oyepitan, 100m sprinter
- Camilla Beeput, TV & theatre actress
- Ruby McGregor-Smith, Baroness McGregor-Smith, CEO of Mitie Group PLC & Life Peer in The House of Lord
- "Ofsted report", Ofsted Reports
- "Compare Schools""], Gov.uk
- "Equality Information - Bentley Wood High School". Bentleywood.harrow.sch.uk. Retrieved 2013-11-01.
- tables/secondary schools/html/310_4032.stm Bentley Wood High School on the BBC news website
- Official website
- Edubase[permanent dead link]
- Campbell, Sarah (2009-03-13). "UK | Education | Putting brakes on engineering shortage". BBC News. Retrieved 2013-11-01.