Benton Township, Elkhart County, Indiana
Location of Benton Township in Elkhart County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||35.9 sq mi (93 km2)|
|• Land||35.84 sq mi (92.8 km2)|
|• Water||0.06 sq mi (0.2 km2)|
|Elevation||853 ft (260 m)|
|• Density||82.7/sq mi (31.9/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||453105|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 35.9 square miles (93 km2), of which 35.84 square miles (92.8 km2) (or 99.83%) is land and 0.06 square miles (0.16 km2) (or 0.17%) is water.
Cities and towns
- Millersburg (south quarter)
- Clinton Township (north)
- Eden Township, LaGrange County (northeast)
- Perry Township, Noble County (east)
- Sparta Township, Noble County (southeast)
- Turkey Creek Township, Kosciusko County (south)
- Van Buren Township, Kosciusko County (southwest)
- Jackson Township (west)
- Elkhart Township (northwest)
The township contains two cemeteries: Brown and Hire.
- "Benton Township, Elkhart County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
|This Elkhart County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|