Benton Township, Franklin County, Illinois
Location in Franklin County
Franklin County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 4, 1884|
|• Total||36.72 sq mi (95.1 km2)|
|• Land||36.12 sq mi (93.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.59 sq mi (1.5 km2) 1.61%|
|Elevation||387 ft (118 m)|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||248.4/sq mi (95.9/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
62812, 62890, 62896
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 36.72 square miles (95.1 km2), of which 36.12 square miles (93.6 km2) (or 98.37%) is land and 0.59 square miles (1.5 km2) (or 1.61%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
The township contains these nine cemeteries: Baxter, County Farm, Drummond, Franklin, Masonic-Oddfellow, Memorial Park, New Union, Rea and Swofford.
Airports and landing strips
- Bessie RLA Airport
- Vernons Lake
|U.S. Decennial Census|
- Illinois' 12th congressional district
- State House District 117
- State Senate District 59
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.
- Ewing Township (north)
- Northern Township (northeast)
- Eastern Township (east)
- Cave Township (southeast)
- Frankfort Township (south)
- Denning Township (southwest)
- Browning Township (west)
- Browning Township (northwest)
- "Benton Township, Franklin County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-16.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas