Bentonville Municipal Airport
|Bentonville Municipal Airport
Louise M. Thaden Field
|Owner||City of Bentonville|
|Elevation AMSL||1,296 ft / 395 m|
Bentonville Municipal Airport (ICAO: KVBT, FAA LID: VBT) is a city-owned, public-use airport located two nautical miles (3.7 km) south of the central business district of Bentonville, a city in Benton County, Arkansas, United States. It is also known as Louise M. Thaden Field or Louise Thaden Field, a name it was given in 1951 to honor Louise McPhetridge Thaden (1905–1979), an aviation pioneer from Bentonville.
This airport is included in the FAA's National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2009–2013, which categorizes it as a general aviation facility. Although most U.S. airports use the same three-letter location identifier for the FAA and IATA, this airport is assigned VBT by the FAA but has no designation from the IATA.
Facilities and aircraft
Bentonville Municipal Airport covers an area of 130 acres (53 ha) at an elevation of 1,296 feet (395 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 18/36 with an asphalt surface measuring 4,082 by 65 feet (1,244 x 20 m).
For the 12-month period ending August 31, 2009, the airport had 18,100 aircraft operations, an average of 49 per day: 99% general aviation and 1% military. At that time there were 40 aircraft based at this airport: 85% single-engine, 12.5% multi-engine and 2.5% helicopter.
- FAA Airport Master Record for VBT ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective 11 February 2010.
- "Who Is Louise Thaden?". Summit Aviation. Retrieved 4 Mar 2010.
- National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2009–2013: Appendix A: Part 1 (PDF, 1.33 MB) Archived August 6, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.. Federal Aviation Administration. Updated 15 Oct 2008.
- "Bentonville Municipal Airport (IATA: none, ICAO: KVBT, FAA: VBT)". Great Circle Mapper. Retrieved 4 Mar 2010.
- Summit Aviation, the fixed-base operator (FBO)
- Aerial image as of 28 February 2001 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for VBT, effective May 25, 2017
- Resources for this airport: