Benue State Polytechnic
|Motto||Excellence and Relevance|
The Benue State Polytechnic is a tertiary education institute in Ugbokolo, Okpokwu LGA, Benue State, Nigeria.The current Rector is Dr. Usman David Kuti. It was originally known as the Murtala College of Arts, Science and Technology, established in 1977 by the military governor of Benue State, Colonel Abdullahi Shelleng (1976–1978). In 1983, the college's Department of Agriculture of the College was merged with Akperan Orshi College of Agriculture. The school is approved as a state-owned polytechnic by the National Board for Technical Education.
Following violence elsewhere in Benue State in March 2006, during a peaceful student protest at the polytechnic about a student killing and against increase in fees, the chairman of Okpokwu Local Government urged students not to take the law into their own hands. At the 29th Matriculation Ceremony of new students later that month the rector urged students to shun all social ills. In November 2008 the polytechnic's school of Business and Management Studies organized its first annual national conference with the theme: Imperatives of Prudent Resources Management in Nigeria for Sustainable Development.
- "Benue State Polytechnic, Ugbokola". Retrieved 27 May 2017.
- Tyodzua Atim (2006-01-30). "Benue State at 30: The people and their struggles". ThisDay. Retrieved 2010-03-21.[dead link]
- "About AOCAY, Yandev". Akperan Orshi College of Agriculture, Yandev. Archived from the original on 2009-02-13. Retrieved 2010-03-21.
- "APPROVED STATE POLYTECHNICS IN NIGERIA". National Board for Technical Education. Retrieved 2010-03-22.
- Ogwuche Edward (March 6, 2006). "Benue Poly students told to be loyal". Nigerian Newsday. Archived from the original on 2010-03-09. Retrieved 2010-03-22.
- ARCHIBONG ESUENE (December 7, 2008). "Roadmap to prudent resource management". New Nigerian News. Retrieved 2010-03-22.
|This article on a Nigerian institution of higher education is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|