|Born||Benzion Shalom Eliezer Freshwater
|Net worth||£1.258 billion|
Nechama Golda Stempel
|Relatives||Ben Zion Halberstam (grandfather)|
Benzion Shalom Eliezer Freshwater is the son of Osias Freshwater (1897–1976), born in the village of Sassov, Galicia, Poland, who emigrated to England in 1939. His wife and three children died in the Holocaust. In 1947 he married Nechama Golda Stempel née Halberstam, widowed daughter of Rabbi Ben Zion Halberstam, the second Bobover Rebbe, and they had two sons, Benzion and Solomon. Osias built up Daejan Holdings into one of London's largest private landlords and his sons, Benzion and Rabbi Shlomo are now Executive Directors.
He is a trustee of Mayfair Charities Limited, a registered charity which disbursed £8,553,000 in 2007-8 to "organisations and institutions engaged in the provision of education and promotion of religious observance within the tenets of orthodox Judaism and for the relief of poverty."
- "Sunday Times Rich List". The Sunday Times (page 24). 18 May 2014.
- Pudelek, Jenna. "Charity Commission tells Jewish charity to appoint at least one 'fully independent' trustee". 16 December 2013. Thirdsector.co.uk. Retrieved 11 February 2015.
-  Archived February 28, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
-  Archived November 5, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Rich List". Business.timesonline.co.uk. Retrieved 2015-07-16. (subscription required)
- Charity Commission. Benzion Freshwater, registered charity no. 255281.