Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up benzoin in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Benzoin may refer to:
- Benzoin (organic compound), an organic compound with the formula PhCH(OH)C(O)Ph
- Benzoin (resin), a balsamic resin obtained from the bark of several species of trees in the genus Styrax
- Benzoin aldolase, an enzyme that catalyzes the chemical reaction benzoin to benzaldehyde
- Benzoin condensation, a reaction between two aromatic aldehydes
- Benzoin odoriferum or Lindera benzoin, a shrub in the laurel family
- Benzoin tree, the common name of Styrax, a genus of shrubs or trees in the family Styracaceae
- Tincture of benzoin, a pungent solution of benzoin resin in ethanol
- C14H12O2, the molecular formula of benzoin
- Benzoic acid (or C6H5COOH), a colorless crystalline solid and a simple aromatic carboxylic acid
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Benzoin.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.