|District of Malaysia|
Location of Bera District in Pahang
|Local area government(s)||Bera District Council|
|• District officer||Razihan Adzharuddin|
|• Total||2,214.44 km2 (855.00 sq mi)|
|• Density||41/km2 (110/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (MST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+8 (Not observed)|
|Vehicle registration plates||C|
The Bera District is a district in Pahang, Malaysia. Bera district is founded on January 1, 1992, following the breaking up of the Temerloh District. Once considered as problematic area (illegal land exploration), Bera emerged as an important district especially in the agriculture sector. The district got the name from the Malaysia's largest freshwater lake, Lake Bera. According to the Orang Asli Semelai, Bera derived its name from a type of seaweed, ‘’Reba’’. Located in the south-west of Pahang, the district bordered Temerloh District and Maran District on the north, Rompin District on the east, Bentong District on the west and Jempol District of Negeri Sembilan on the south-west. Bera district is known for Bera Lake, a freshwater lake and its surrounding wetlands, that has been protected under the Ramsar Convention since November 1994.
The following is based on Department of Statistics Malaysia 2010 census.
|Ethnic groups in Bera, 2010 census|
There are 38 primary schools, which include national schools, Chinese-medium schools and Indian-medium schools, in Bera district. As for secondary schools, there are 10 of them.
Federal Parliament and State Assembly Seats
|Parliament||Seat Name||Member of Parliament||Party|
|P90||Bera||Ismail Sabri Yaakob||BN|
List of Bera district representatives in the State Legislative Assembly (Dewan Undangan Negeri)
|Parliament||State||Seat Name||State Assemblyman||Party|
|P90||N38||Triang||Leong Yu Man||DAP|
|P90||N39||Kemayan||Mohd Fadil Osman||BN|
Bera has 2 mukim or subdistricts.
- Bera (165,094 Ha)
- Teriang (56,350 Ha) (Capital)
- penulis1. "Profil Pegawai Daerah - Laman Web Pejabat Daerah dan Tanah Bera". pdtbera.pahang.gov.my.
- penulis1. "Sejarah Daerah - Laman Web Pejabat Daerah dan Tanah Bera". pdtbera.pahang.gov.my.
- "Population Distribution and Basic Demographic Characteristics, 2010" (PDF). Department of Statistics, Malaysia. Archived from the original (PDF) on 22 May 2014. Retrieved 19 April 2012.
- penulis1. "Pendidikan - Laman Web Pejabat Daerah dan Tanah Bera". pdtbera.pahang.gov.my.
- "Parlimen dan ADUN - Laman Web Pejabat Daerah dan Tanah Bera". pdtbera.pahang.gov.my.