Berbee Information Networks Corporation, until its purchase by CDW in 2006, was a privately held company in the United States of America. Berbee was founded in 1993 by James G. Berbee and it grew to over 300 million USD in revenue and more than 800 employees at the time of its sale in October 2006. The company had its headquarters in Fitchburg, Wisconsin.
In October 2006, Berbee accepted an $175 million all-cash acquisition offer from CDW. The purchase was closed on October 11, 2006. Subsequent working capital purchasing adjustments brought the final price to about $185 million. It became a division of CDW and is now known as CDW Advanced Technology Services.
Berbee's IT solutions included network infrastructure, systems and storage, productivity applications, communication and collaboration, application development and security. Its data centers delivered hosted applications, co-location, and managed services. Berbee had offices in Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, and Wisconsin.
Industry awards granted to Berbee include:
- 2004 Cisco Global IP Communications Partner of the Year
- 2005 Cisco U.S. IP Communications Partner of the Year
- 2006 Cisco Global Solution Innovation Partner of the Year
- 2006 Cisco U.S. Technology Excellence Partner of the Year for Unified Communications and Security
- 2006 IBM Sales Leadership Award
- 2006 Microsoft Worldwide Partner Award
- 2006 Microsoft Central Region Partner of the Year
- 2007 IBM Competitive Leadership Award