Berditchev (Hasidic dynasty)
During the 18th century Berditchev was an important center of Hasidism. Rabbi Levi Yitzchok of Berditchev (1740-1810), also known as the Kedushat Levi in honor of his great Talmudic and pietistic work, became the inspiration for subsequent generations of Berditchiver Hasidim.
Today, there are several synagogues called Berditshev, of which the rabbis of some are called Berditshever Rebbes.
- Jewish history of Berditchev
- List of Hasidic dynasties
- Levi Yitzchok of Berditchev
- History of the Jews in Poland
- History of the Jews in Galicia (Eastern Europe)
- History of the Jews in Ukraine
|This Hasidic Judaism article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Ukrainian history-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|