|• Total||865.2 km2 (334.1 sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+2 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+3 (EEST)|
Berdychiv District (Raion) (Ukrainian: Бердичівський район) is a raion (district) of Zhytomyr Oblast, northern Ukraine. Its administrative centre is located at Berdychiv, which does not belong to the raion and is incorporated separately as a city of oblast significance. The raion is located in the southern part of the oblast; the distance between Zhytomyr and Berdychiv is 43 kilometres (27 mi). It covers an area of 865.2 square kilometres (334.1 sq mi). Population: 29,234 (2013 est.)
Natural tourist objects
Demchynskyi and Rayhorodskiy park-memorials landscape of gardening art of local value, hydro-recreation resource of the river Hnylopiat.
The natives of the district
- figure of the Polish national movement Edmund Różycki (vil. Ahativka);
- doctor of Economic I.Oliynyk;
- opera singer G.Shapovalov (vil. Zhurbyntsi),
- rector of Zhytomyr pedagogical institute P. Gornostai (vil. Ivankivtsi);
- doctor of Biological S. Markevych (vil. Katerynivka),
- doctor of Philological P.Bilous;
- Honored trainer of the USSR V.Lonskyi (vil. Obukhivka);
- poet M. Pasichnyk (vil. Polovetske);
- bibliographer and literary critic M.Gumenyuk (vil.Reia );
- the Doctor of engineering, general I. Oliynyk (vil.Skraglivka);
- doctor of Arts and Philosophy D. Stepovyk, (vil. Slobodshche);
- doctor of biological Ye. Kondratyuk (vil. Old Solotvyn);
- classic of English literature Joseph Conrad;
- author, memorialist Stefan Borovskyi (s. Terekhove);
- corresponding member of Academy of Science of the USSR;
- a physicist, Hero of the Soviet Union V.Mostovyi (s. Khazhyn).
- "Чисельність наявного населення України (Actual population of Ukraine)" (in Ukrainian). State Statistics Service of Ukraine. Retrieved 21 January 2015.