Berea High School
|Berea - Midpark High School|
|165 East Bagley Road
Berea, Ohio, (Cuyahoga County) 44017
|Type||Public, Coeducational high school|
|Color(s)||red and blue|
|Athletics conference||Southwestern Conference|
|Feeder schools||Roehm Middle School
Ford Middle School
|Athletic Director||Robert Cistolo|
|Website||Berea High School home page|
Berea High School was a high school located in Berea, Ohio, United States. It was founded in 1882, and the current structure was built in 1929. It was the first of two public high schools in the Berea City School District, the other being Midpark High School. Berea High School served grades nine through twelve.
Beginning with the 2013–2014 school year, Midpark High School became the 7th- to 9th-grade building, while all high-school students in the Berea City School District started attending Berea-Midpark High School, the building which previously held Berea High School. Their new mascot is the Titans.
- Charles Bassett, graduate from the class of 1950, was a NASA astronaut who died in a plane crash.
- Bud Collins, television commentator, sportswriter and member of International Tennis Hall of Fame, is a 1947 graduate.
- John-Michael Tebelak, graduate from the class of 1966, wrote and directed the award-winning Broadway musical Godspell.
- 2000 graduate Alex Stepanovich played college football for the Ohio State University, and later in the National Football League for the Arizona Cardinals, Cincinnati Bengals and Atlanta Falcons.
- Former Ohio State Head Coach Jim Tressel is a Berea High graduate.
- Alex Nauth, graduate of the class of 2004, horn player and backup vocalist for the band Foxy Shazam.
- Former University of Illinois head football coach Tim Beckman graduated from Berea High in 1984.
- Dustin Kilgore, a 2007 graduate, is a national-champion wrestler for Kent State University.
- NFL player Chris Scott.
- Stefanie Eulinberg, drummer for Kid Rock's band, Twisted Brown Trucker, graduated in the mid-1980s.
- Robert Schultz, graduate from the class of 1994, bassist for the bands BiastFear, Heads Held High and The Punk Rods.
- David Breda, graduate from the class of 1994, drummer for the bands BiastFear, Heads Held High, The Punk Rods, Dead Words, Cattle Dogs and American Werewolves. As an actor, he has appeared in the television series Outsiders_(U.S._TV_series) and Mindhunter_(TV_series).
- OHSAA. "Ohio High School Athletic Association member directory". Retrieved 2010-02-17.
- The 'Titans' is the Berea school district's new mascot starting in 2013-14
- OHSAA. "Ohio High School Athletic Association Web site". Retrieved 2009-06-07.