Bеrhomet pe Siret (Romanian)
|• Town Head||Mykhailo Andronik|
|Elevation||467 m (1,532 ft)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
|Area code||+380 3730|
Berehomet (Romanian: Bеrhomet pe Siret, German: Bеrhometh, Ukrainian: Берегомет), is an urban-type settlement in Vyzhnytsia Raion (district) of Chernivtsi Oblast (province) in western Ukraine. The town lies on the Siret River. At the 2001 census, the town's population was 8,513. Current population: 7,717 (2015 est.)
People from Berehomet
- Baron Alexander Wassilko von Serecki (1823-1893), governor of the Duchy of Bucovina and member of the Herrenhaus
- Count Georg Wassilko von Serecki (1864-1940), governor of the Duchy of Bucovina and hereditary member of the Herrenhaus
- Antin Kravs (1871-1945), Ukrainian Galician Army general.
- Odarka Kyselytsia, Ukrainian landscape and portrait painter, Honored Artist of Ukraine (1997).
- "Berehomet (Chernivtsi Oblast, Vyzhnytsia Raion)". weather.in.ua (in Ukrainian). Retrieved 20 January 2012.
- "Berehomet, Chernivtsi Oblast, Vyzhnytsia Raion". Regions of Ukraine and their Structure (in Ukrainian). Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine. Retrieved 20 January 2012.
- "Чисельність наявного населення України (Actual population of Ukraine)" (PDF) (in Ukrainian). State Statistics Service of Ukraine. Retrieved 1 July 2016.
|This article about a location in Chernivtsi Oblast is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|