From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Berenice is a feminine name.
Berenice may also refer to:
- Berenice, ancient Greek name for Benghazi (in Libya); still used at times as Catholic titular episcopal see
- Berenike (Epirus), ancient Greek city in Epirus
- Berenice Troglodytica, now known as Medinet-el Haras, an ancient seaport of Egypt
- Berenice Panchrysos, an ancient port city of Egypt, near Sabae
- Berenice Epideires, near the mouth of the Red Sea, in modern-day Djibouti
Arts and entertainment
- Berenice, an Italian opera by George Frideric Händel, based upon the life of Cleopatra Berenice, daughter of Pharaoh Ptolemy IX
- "Berenice" (short story), by Edgar Allan Poe
- Berenice (play), French tragedy by Jean Racine about the departure of the Judean queen Bérénice from Rome by command of Emperor Titus on his ascent to the throne
- Bérénice, a French opera by Albéric Magnard after Racine's tragedy
- 653 Berenike, an asteroid
- Berenice (plant), a plant belonging to the Campanulaceae family
- Berenice (rocket), a series of French experimental rockets
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Berenice.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.