Beretta 950 Jetfire and 8-round magazine
|Place of origin||Italy
|Length||120 mm (4.7 in)|
|Width||23 mm (0.9 in)|
|Height||87 mm (3.4 in)|
|Cartridge||.25 ACP, .22 Short|
The Beretta 950 is a semi-automatic pistol designed and manufactured by Beretta since 1952. It builds on a long line of small and compact pocket pistols manufactured by Beretta for self-defence. It is intended to be a very simple and reliable pocket pistol.
The Beretta 950 Jetfire chambered in .25 ACP is a backup, self-defense pistol that is intended for undercover agents, police officers or individuals licensed to carry a concealed firearm for self-defense. The Minx version in .22 Short is not advised for such a role due to the caliber
The .25 ACP cartridge is not very powerful, but a well placed shot can be lethal. The safety system is very basic. The accuracy of the pistol is adequate although the small grip and short sight radius may limit some shooters to be effective only at short ranges.
Its small grip also makes it prone to bite (the slide can cut the top of the shooter's hand when fired). As the pistol lacks a shell extractor, relying instead on blowback pressure to clear the shells, misfires are easily removed manually by tipping up the barrel and prying out.
- Type: Beretta 950 Jetfire
- Trigger system: Single-action only
- Caliber: .25 ACP
- Capacity: 8 rounds magazine
- Frame material: Aluminium light alloy
- Slide and barrel material: Carbon steel
- Grip material: Plastic
- Barrel length: 60 mm
- Length: 120 mm
- Height: 87 mm
- Width: 23 mm
- Mass: 280 g
- Safeties: none (950B) or left-side thumb switch (950BS)
- Magazine release: Lower left grip heel pushbutton.
- Production years: 1952–2003.
- Production locations: Beretta Italy (pre 1968), Beretta do Brasil (late 1960s - early 1970s), Beretta USA (1970s to 2003)
- Ahern, Jerry (5 October 2010). Gun Digest Buyer's Guide to Concealed-Carry Handguns. Iola, Wisconsin: Gun Digest Books. p. 220. ISBN 1-4402-1743-2.
- Ayoob, Massad (2011). Gun Digest Book of Beretta Pistols: Function, Accuracy, Performance. Iola, Wisconsin: Gun Digest Books. pp. 12–18. ISBN 1-4402-2653-9.
- Wilson, R. L. (2008). The World of Beretta: An International Legend. Book Sales, Incorporated. p. 57. ISBN 978-0-7858-2104-5.
- Details on the Beretta 950 Jetfire
- Ballistic performance of the .25 ACP from the Jetfire
- User Manual