|Revenue||€679.40 million (2016)|
|€117.00 million (2016)|
|€59.60 million (2016)|
|Total equity||€640.70 million (2016)|
Number of employees
|Footnotes / references|
Beretta Holding S.p.A also called the Berretta Holding Group, is headquartered in Gardone Val Trompia near Brescia, Italy. It is an Italian holding company for the famous Italian industrial group and holds direct or indirect participation in 26 companies. The eponymous company is managed by fifteenth-generation descendants of Maestro Bartolomeo Beretta, progenitor of a firearms manufacturing dynasty.
Gardone Val Trompia is not only the Beretta Holding's headquarters; this comune is also the headquarters for the enduring Fabbrica d’Armi Pietro Beretta company, as well as for Italian replica firearms company A. Uberti. Beretta Holding also holds two other Italian companies, Benelli Armi in Urbino and Meccanica Del Sarca in Pietramurata, Trentino.
In addition to its operations in Italy, Beretta holds several European companies, including Beretta Hellas in Athens, Espingardaria Belga in Lisbon and Beretta Benelli Iberica in Trespuentes, Spain. Beretta has two subsidiaries in France, Humbert CTTS in Veauche, along with Cougar France which operates the Beretta Gallery retail store in Paris. Beretta has one Swiss subsidiary, Outdoor Enterprise in Muralto, and two in Germany, Manfred Alberts GmbH in Wiehl-Bielstein and Steiner-Optik GmbH in Bayreuth. In northern Europe, Beretta has the Finnish firearms manufacturer SAKO as well as UK distributor GMK Ltd, which owns the Beretta Gallery in London.
American sales produce over half of Beretta's revenue.
Beretta USA was founded in 1972 and based in Accokeek, Maryland. It manufactures military, police, and civilian pistols. In May 2013 the company announced that, despite disagreements with the State of Maryland over recently enacted changes to Maryland gun control laws it would not relocate its Accokeek facility. The facility employs around 400 workers.
In January 2014 Beretta announced the construction of a design and production facility in Gallatin, Tennessee to expand its US operations. On July 22, 2014, in a reversal of their 2013 decision to keep some production operations in Accokeek, Beretta announced that it would move all manufacturing from Maryland to the Gallatin facility, which was originally expected to manufacture machinery and new products only. Beretta stated that the decision was in response to further restrictions on firearms manufacturing being considered by the Maryland Legislature. The new US$45 million facility, on a 100 acres (40 hectares) site in the Nashville area, was scheduled to be completed in early 2015 and ultimately employ 300 workers, however, construction was delayed by weather.
Then-CEO Ugo Gussalli Beretta personally visited the Gallatin site and stated, regarding the new facility, "In return for our investment in jobs, facilities, and assistance to the local economy, we ask for respect and a supportive business climate. We deserve such respect. We make the standard sidearm for the U.S. armed forces. We also make firearms that police and consumers use to save their lives and the lives of others." Beretta began moving equipment into the Gallatin plant once it received a certificate of occupancy in December 2015, and by January 2016 the plant was partially operational. On 15 April, the company celebrated its factory opening with a ribbon-cutting ceremony officiated by Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam, Ugo Gussalli Beretta and his sons, Pietro and Franco.
The main office of Beretta USA remains in Accokeek, as well as unspecified gunsmithing and repair operations. Beretta's I.T. support organization, 3 Arrows Services, remains in Accokeek, as does Stoeger Industries. Stoeger Canada is situated in Whitby, Ontario. The offices of Benelli USA are located in Pocomoke City, Maryland. Other North American companies include Cougar Corp., which operates the Beretta Gallery showcase store in New York City, and two optics manufacturers, Burris Company in Greeley, Colorado and Steiner eOptics (formerly Laser Devices Inc.) in Monterey, California
The Beretta Defense Technologies (BDT) international business unit was created in 2012 as an alliance of four companies owned by Beretta Holding (i.e., Beretta, Benelli, Sako and Steiner) to serve government, military and law enforcement customers.
Other International holdings include Turkish firearms manufacturer and distributor Stoeger Silah Sanayi in Istanbul, distributor Russian Eagle in Moscow, NightLaser Technologies in São Paulo and WanCai optical company in Chongqing.
- "Press Release". Beretta Holding. 10 June 2015. Retrieved 20 July 2015.
A major influence on the sales results in year 2014 was a United States demand shortfall for civilian products, which was extraordinarily strong in FY 2013.
- "Financial Highlights". Beretta Holding. Retrieved 20 July 2015.
- "Biography". Pietro Gussalli Beretta. 2014. Retrieved 20 July 2015.
- "Group Profile - Beretta Holding S.p.A." Beretta Holding S.p.A. Retrieved 23 June 2015.
- "Beretta Holding S.p.A.: Private Company Information". Businessweek. Bloomberg. Retrieved 21 July 2015.
- Martin, Guy (29 September 2014). "La Vita Beretta: At Home in Italy with the First Family of Firearms". Forbes Life. Forbes Media. Retrieved 23 July 2015.
To the best of the company’s knowledge, Beretta was up and running as a concern for roughly 80 years by the time Bartolomeo Beretta got the big order for 185 harquebus barrels from the doge of Venice in 1526, which is the listed 'official' birth of the company.
- "Global Presence - Beretta Holding S.p.A." Beretta Holding S.p.A. Retrieved 23 June 2015.
- "History". Benelli Armi S.p.A. Retrieved 24 March 2015.
Benelli was acquired by Beretta in 1983.
- "Gallery Paris". Fabbrica d'Armi Pietro Beretta S.p.A. Retrieved 24 March 2015.
Following the opening of the New York, Buenos Aires and Dallas Galleries, Beretta was opened its first Gallery in Europe coinciding with the 476th anniversary of the company in 2002.
- "Company Profile". Steiner-Optik GmbH. Retrieved 24 March 2015.
Steiner-Optik was recently acquired by the Beretta Group.
- "OUR STORY". Sako Ltd. Retrieved 24 March 2015.
At the turn of the millennium, Sako was honored to become a member of the Beretta Group, which gave access to new and advanced production methods enabling us to continuously refine our product development.
- "About Us". GMK Limited. Retrieved 24 March 2015.
In 2006 Beretta, the major supplier to GMK bought 20% of the company. In March 2013, Beretta increased their share of the business to 60%.
- "Europe's flourishing gunmakers - Trigger happy". The Economist. Paris. 24 February 2018. Retrieved 6 June 2018.
The NRA has acknowledged the Beretta family as a high-ranking donor for giving more than $1m over the years, granting them the title of 'ring of freedom'.
- "Beretta USA Corp". Bloomberg. Bloomberg L.P. Retrieved 6 June 2018.
- Noble, Andrea. "Beretta building firearms plant in Tennessee worries Maryland". Washington Times. Retrieved 26 March 2014.
- "Despite threats, Beretta plans to stay in Maryland for now. On 1/29/2014 Beretta announced it will build a manufacturing and R & D facility in the Nashville Tennessee area". Baltimoresun.com. May 24, 2013. Retrieved May 24, 2013.
- Harrison, Scott (21 February 2014). "Project Clover: Inside the deal for Beretta". Nashville Business Journal. Retrieved 21 July 2015.
… wooing Beretta to Gallatin took nearly a year of negotiations and site visits, a dinner in a northern Italy vineyard and lunch in Gallatin with grits and ribs.
- Ward, Gehtan (July 22, 2014). "Beretta USA to move all manufacturing to Gallatin". Tennessean. Retrieved July 22, 2014.
- NRA Staff (29 January 2014). "Beretta USA Expanding Operations, Opening Facility in Tennessee". American Rifleman. Retrieved 23 March 2015.
Only states that had a consistent history of support for and a likelihood of future support for Second Amendment rights were considered.
- Smith, Charlie (21 July 2015). "How Beretta USA Chose Gallatin" (PDF). ACEC Tennessee Newsletter. Nashville: American Council of Engineering Companies of Tennessee (July–August 2015). Retrieved 20 August 2015.
- Cross, Josh (10 April 2015). "Construction of Gallatin Beretta plant slowed by weather". Tennessean. Retrieved 21 July 2015.
By the first quarter of 2016, Beretta expects to have close to 200 employees at the Gallatin facility…
- Beretta, Ugo Gussalli (4 February 2014). "BERETTA: Maryland disrespects us and gun owners, so we expand in Tennessee". Washington Times. Retrieved 23 March 2015.
- Nelson, Josh (8 January 2016). "Great plans for economic development in Gallatin's horizon". The Gallatin News. Retrieved 11 February 2016.
- "Beretta moving towards completion". The Gallatin News. 5 February 2016. Retrieved 11 February 2016.
Fenton said the goal is to have an official ribbon-cutting at the plant in the middle of April.
- Schelzig, Erik (15 April 2016). "Gunmaker Beretta opening Tennessee plant". Salt Lake Tribune. AP. Retrieved 16 April 2016.
- Harrison, Scott (15 April 2016). "Step inside Beretta's new Gallatin plant, which one day will pump out 500,000 guns per year". Nashville Business Journal. Retrieved 16 April 2016.
- Cross, Josh (15 April 2016). "Beretta opens gun plant in Gallatin". Gallatin News Examiner. Retrieved 16 April 2016.
- Keefe, Mark (15 April 2016). "Keefe Report: Beretta—Open for Business in Tennessee". American Rifleman. Retrieved 16 April 2016.
- Keefe, Mark (2 September 2014). "Anatomy of a Move: An In-Depth Look at Beretta's Decision to Leave Maryland for Tennessee". American Rifleman. Retrieved 22 March 2015.
When company leaders asked themselves, 'Where can we grow?' The obvious answer was 'not in Maryland.'
- Hunnicutt, Robert W. (23 July 2014). "The Other Shoe Drops: Beretta to End Maryland Production". Firearms News. Outdoor Sportsman Group. Retrieved 6 June 2018.
- "3 Arrows Services". 3 Arrows Services Inc. Retrieved 24 March 2015.
3 Arrows Services, Inc. is a Company of the Beretta Holding Group
- "About Stoeger Industries". Stoeger Industries. Retrieved 24 March 2015.
Stoeger Industries, established in 1924, is a member of the Benelli USA family of companies, located in Accokeek, Maryland.
- "About Us". Consumer Site. Stoeger Canada. Retrieved 24 March 2015.
Stoeger Canada is owned and operated as a subsidiary of Beretta Holdings.
- "Defense About Us". Beretta Defense Technologies. Stoeger Canada. Retrieved 24 March 2015.
In April 2007, a contract to supply the pistol model Px4 Storm to the Canada Borders Services Agency was signed.
- Kannapell, Andrea (11 June 1995). "NEIGHBORHOOD REPORT: UPPER EAT SIDE; Hunting for the Perfect Weapon? Try Mad Ave". New York Times. Retrieved 23 August 2015.
- "Burris Optics". Burris Company. Retrieved 24 March 2015.
Burris Company is owned by Beretta Holding S.p.A.
- "The History of Laser Devices". Steiner Defense. Beretta, Inc. Retrieved 24 March 2015.
Laser Devices products are manufactured in our 34,000 square foot facility located along the scenic central coast of Monterey, California.
- "Beretta Holding acquires two companies in U.S., STS and Diffraction Ltd" (PDF). Beretta Holding. 4 January 2016. Retrieved 13 April 2016.
- "Italian optics firm Beretta acquires two U.S. companies". Agenzia Giornalistica Italia. 4 January 2016. Retrieved 13 April 2016.
- "Beretta Realigns Organization into Three Strategic Business Units". The Outdoor Wire. Outdoor Wire Digital Network. 5 February 2013. Retrieved 20 August 2015.
- Bush, Sam J. (6 May 2014). "Unified for the vital task". Jane's 360. IHS Inc. Retrieved 20 August 2015.
- "Beretta Defense Technologies Launches New Website". PoliceOne.com. 29 July 2015. Retrieved 20 August 2015.
- "Company Profile". Stoeger Silah Sanayi AS. Retrieved 24 March 2015.
Since the beginning of 2002, Stoeger is owned by Beretta Holding.