Bergen County Technical High School, Paramus Campus
|Bergen County Technical High School - Paramus Campus|
|Type||Technical Public high school|
|School district||Bergen County Technical Schools|
|Enrollment||305 (as of 2015-16)|
|Student to teacher ratio||6.9:1|
|Athletics conference||Big North Conference|
Bergen County Technical High School, Paramus Campus is a tuition-free public magnet high school serving students in Bergen County, New Jersey, United States. The school is part of the Bergen County Technical Schools, which also includes Bergen County Academies in Hackensack and the Bergen County Technical High School, Teterboro Campus.
As of the 2015-16 school year, the school had an enrollment of 305 students and 43.9 classroom teachers (on an FTE basis), for a student–teacher ratio of 6.9:1. There were 94 students (30.8% of enrollment) eligible for free lunch and 30 (9.8% of students) eligible for reduced-cost lunch.
The school offers various sports, where students play together with the other campuses of the Bergen County Technical Schools district under one team as the Bergen Tech Knights, in the Big North Conference operating under the auspices of the New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association (NJSIAA). With a combined enrollment of 1,471 students in grades 10-12, the school was classified by the NJSIAA for the 2015-16 school year as North I, Group IV for most athletic competition purposes, which included schools with an enrollment of 1,090 to 2,568 students in that grade range. Sports offered include: cross country, football, soccer, tennis, volleyball, cheerleading, basketball, bowling, indoor track, fencing, baseball, golf, lacrosse, softball, and track & field. Students who wish to play a high school sport that is not offered can make accommodations with their town of residence, as appropriate.
Carole Terrizzi is the director/principal.
- School data for Bergen County Technical High School - Paramus, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed February 12, 2018.
- Bergen County Technical High School, New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association. Accessed August 14, 2017.
- Sports at Bergen, Bergen County Technical Schools. Accessed January 4, 2017 "The Bergen County Technical High School District is a member of the Big North Conference Liberty Division. Our sports teams represent students from all four of our campuses, Hackensack, Teterboro, Paramus and Applied Technology."
- League Memberships – 2016-2017, New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association. Accessed January 10, 2017.
- General Public School Classifications 2015-2016, New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association, as of December 15, 2015. Accessed December 12, 2016.
- Administration, Bergen County Technical Schools, Paramus Campus. Accessed November 16, 2016.