Bergeron is a surname of French origin.
The name Bergeron may be derived from the Old German word berg, meaning hill or mountain. It may also be derived from the old French berger, meaning shepherd.
Spelling variations include: Bergetron, Berger, Bergey, Bergez, Bergier, Bergeret, Bergerot, Bergereau, Bergeron, Bergerron, Bergerone, Bergeronne, Bergeronneau, Bergerat, Bergerie, Bergère, Bergière, Bergiron, Bergirone, Bergironne, le Berger, le Bergeron, de Bergeron, Leberger and many more.
First found in Burgundy, where the family was anciently seated.
Some of the first North American settlers of this name or some of its variants were: André Bergeron, who settled in Quebec from Charente-Maritime in 1666; Jacques Bergeron, who arrived in Quebec from Guyenne in 1676; Francois Bergeron,who arrived in Quebec from Poitou in 1676. Barthélemy Bergeron d'Amboise came to Quebec in 1684 but settled in Acadia by 1695.
Following the Acadian diaspora of 1755, the Bergeron name is found today along the southeast coast of the U.S., and especially in South Louisiana.
People named Bergeron
- Bryan Bergeron, an author of books in the field of computers
- David Bergeron, an NFL linebacker with the Carolina Panthers
- Élisabeth Bergeron, Canadian Venerable and founder of the Sisters of Saint Joseph, Saint Hyacinthe.
- Geneviève Bergeron, a victim of École Polytechnique massacre
- Jean-François Bergeron (boxer) Canadian boxer
- Ken "Sorceron" Bergeron, founder and vocalist of Abigail Williams
- Kirk D Bergeron Jr, professional Disk Jockey and electronic music producer also known as Dj Blazzed or Blazzed
- Lawrence A. Bergeron,an American media production director
- Marc-André Bergeron, a French Canadian professional hockey defenceman.
- Marilyn Bergeron, a woman missing since she left a coffeehouse in Saint-Romuald, Quebec, in 2008
- Michel Bergeron, former coach of the NHL Quebec Nordiques and New York Rangers during the 1980s
- Moe Bergeron, established the online sermon library for Dr John Piper
- Patrice Bergeron, a Canadian ice hockey centre in the National Hockey League
- Peter Bergeron, a professional baseball player
- Peter Bergeron, a professional DR employee
- Scott Bergeron is the Chief Executive Officer of LISCR, The Liberian Registry. www.liscr.com
- Stéphane Bergeron, a Canadian politician
- Suzanne Bergeron, Professor of Women’s Studies and Social Sciences at the University of Michigan at Dearborn
- Terrence Bergeron an American executive producer, descendant of the line of Bartholemy Bergeron D'Amboise, and whose work includes "Alice Through the Looking Glass (2015)", "Expendables 3", "The Legend of Hercules", " Sleepy Hollow ", "True Detective", MARVEL'S "The Consultant" & "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Thor's Hammer " among many others.
- Tom Bergeron, an American television personality and game show host
- Tor Bergeron, a Swedish meteorologist
- Victor Bergeron, the founder of Trader Vic's
- Wayne Bergeron, professional trumpet player
- William A. Bergeron, an American politician
- "Harrison Bergeron" is a science fiction short story by Kurt Vonnegut, and the name of the principal character.
|surname Bergeron. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.This page lists people with the|