|Parent company||Berghahn Books|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Headquarters location||New York City|
|Distribution||United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland, India, United States, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa|
|Publication types||Books, Academic journals|
Berghahn Books is a publisher of scholarly books and academic journals in the humanities and social sciences, with a special focus on social & cultural anthropology, European history, politics, and film & media studies. It was founded in 1994 by Marion Berghahn.
Berghahn Books publishes nearly 100 new titles and some 40 paperback editions each year and has a backlist of nearly 1,500 titles in print. New titles are printed in both print and online, with the select digitization of the backlist currently being undertaken as part of the Berghahn Books Online platform. Many Berghahn titles have been reviewed on Choice.
Berghahn Journals currently publishes over 30 journals in those social science and humanities fields that complement its books list. This includes a new annual series, Advances in Research, launched in 2013. Its journals have been available online since 2001. Berghahn Journals was awarded the AAP PROSE Award for Best New Journal in the Social Sciences and Humanities two years in a row: in 2009 for Girlhood Studies and in 2008 for Projections. Girlhood Studies was also the recipient of the Highly Commended Certificate for the 2010 ALPSP Best New Journal Award.
- "An Interview with Marion Berghahn: On the Intricacies of Anthropological Publishing". Anthropology Today. 16: 16–20. 2002-12-20. doi:10.1111/1467-8322.00015. Retrieved 2011-09-19.
- "List of Outstanding Titles - 2010". Choice Reviews Online. Retrieved 2011-09-19.
- "Berghahn Journals". Berghahn Books. 2005-03-01. Retrieved 2011-09-13.
- "Winners". PROSE Awards. Retrieved 2011-09-13.
- "ALPSP Awards 2010 - Winners". ALPSP. 13 September 2010. Retrieved 2011-09-13.