Bergheim General Store and Post Office
|Elevation||1,437 ft (438 m)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central (CST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1379408|
Bergheim is an unincorporated community in eastern Kendall County, Texas, United States. It lies along State Highway 46 east of the city of Boerne, the county seat of Kendall County. Its elevation is 1,437 feet (438 m). Although Bergheim is unincorporated, it has a post office, with the ZIP code of 78004; the ZCTA for ZIP Code 78004, consisting mostly of rural land, had a population of 1,183 at the 2010 census. The community is part of the San Antonio Metropolitan Statistical Area.
Bergheim, meaning "Mountain Home" in German, was founded by Austrian immigrant Andreas Engel, who moved to the area and established a store before 1900. The community's post office was established in 1901. Ranching has long been the mainstay of Bergheim's economy, although the harvesting of cedar lumber has been important at certain times in its history.
- Rand McNally. The Road Atlas '08. Chicago: Rand McNally, 2008, pp. 100-101.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Bergheim, Texas
- Zip Code Lookup Archived June 15, 2011, at the Wayback Machine
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2014-11-13.
- Bergheim, Texas, Handbook of Texas Online, 2008-01-09. Accessed 2008-09-26.
|This article about a location in Kendall County, Texas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|