|• Mayor||Maximilian Friedrich|
|• Total||25.87 km2 (9.99 sq mi)|
|Elevation||308 m (1,010 ft)|
|• Density||240/km2 (610/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
|Dialling codes||07195, 07181, 07183|
The municipality Berglen consists of the following nine districts: Bretzacker, Hößlinswart, Barrenhardt, Öschelbronn, Oppelsbohm, Reichenbach near Winnenden, Rettersburg, Steinach, Vorderweißbuch.
Total 2587 ha
- 879 ha = 34,0 % forest
- 1352ha = 52,3 % agriculture
- 10 ha = 0,4 % recovery area
- 8 ha = 0,3 % water
- 162 ha = 6,1 % buildings
- 158 ha = 6,1 % traffic area
- 17 ha = 0,7 % others
- Gerhard Schnabel, from 1964 bis 1972 mayor of the former municipalities Vorderweißbuch and Oppelsbohm, from 1972 to 1996 mayor of Berglen
- Wolfgang Schille, mayor from 1996 to 2012
- Maximilian Friedrich, mayor since 2012-09-13
|Parties and Voting communities||%
|BWV||Bürgerliche Wählervereinigung Berglen (Free voters)||56,84||12||50,35||12|
|FBB||Freie Bürger Berglen (Free citizens Berglen)||26,20||5||29,90||5|
|SPD-OL||SPD-Open list Berglen||16,96||3||19,75||3|
|Participation||57,14 %||58,93 %|
Economy and infrastructure
With the neighborhood school In the Berglen there is a primary and high school with Werkrealschule. Moreover, Steinach and Vorderweißbuch have their own primary schools. Schools can be visited in the neighboring cities. For the youngest members of the community there are six municipal nurserys, and also a private forest kindergarten.
- In the district Erlenhof takes place annually the Richtfest, organized by the in 1992 founded association Berglesbond.
- Street festival by local clubs in the district Hößlinswart.
- Christmas market on Saturday before the 3rd Advent in the district Birkenweißbuch.
- The Linde Festival takes place every year usually in the first holiday weekend in the district Birkenweißbuch, organized by the Musikverein Weißbuch
- Werner Hofmann is the only honorary citizen of Berglen. The former school rector is the author of the chronicle and several native history books.
Sons and daughters of the town
- Friedrich von Klett (1781–1869), Württemberg administrative officer and Member of Parliament
- Johann Georg Hildt (1785–1863), foreman and architect
- Georg Bernhard Bilfinger (1798–1872), lawyer and politician
- Hansel Mieth (1909–1998), German-American photojournalist
- Jörg Hofmann (born 1955), trade unionist, president of IG Metall
- Otto Mörike (1897–1978), a resistance fighter against Nazism, was a Lutheran pastor in Oppelsbohm, Righteous Among the Nations
- Manfred Winkelhock (1951–1985), race driver, lived until his death in the municipality
- Denis Scheck (born 1964), German literary critic, translator and journalist, grew up in Bretzenacker
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Berglen.|
|This Rems-Murr location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|