Bergmann is a surname which is German or Swedish, in origin, respectively. It means "mountain man" in both languages, as well as "miner" in German. Bergman is also a common surname in the Netherlands.
The surname may refer to:
- Art Bergmann (born 1953), Canadian rock singer-songwriter
- Carl Bergmann (disambiguation), multiple people
- Carl Bergmann (anatomist), (1814-1865) German anatomist, physiologist, and biologist who developed the Bergmann's rule.
- Daniel Bergmann (born 1962) Czech filmmaker and media mogul, son of Pavel Bergmann.
- Erika Bergmann (born 1915), Nazi guard during World War II
- Ernst Bergmann (philosopher) (1881-1945), German philosopher and proponent of Nazism
- Ernst David Bergmann (1903-1975), Israeli chemist and founder of nuclear program
- Ernst von Bergmann (1836-1907), Baltic German surgeon who introduced principles of aseptic surgery
- Gretel Bergmann (1914–2017), Jewish athlete who competed as a high jumper in Germany during the 1930s
- Heinrich Bergmann - head of the Criminal Division of the German Kripo in German occupied Estonia
- Hugo Bergmann (1883-1975), German/Israeli Jewish philosopher
- Gustav Bergmann (May 4, 1906 - April 21, 1987), Austrian-born American Philosopher
- Juliette Bergmann (born 1958), Dutch female bodybuilder
- Martin S. Bergmann (1913–2014), psychoanalyst, son of Hugo Bergmann
- Michael Bergmann, American filmmaker, grandson of Hugo Bergmann
- Pavel Bergmann, (1930-2005) Czech Philosopher & Historian, signatory of Charter 77, nephew of Hugo Bergmann
- Peter Bergmann (?-2009) alias used by an unidentified German-speaking man who died under mysterious circumstances
- Peter Gabriel Bergmann (1915-2002) German-American physicist
- Ralph Bergmann (born 1970), German volleyball player
- Sabine Bergmann-Pohl (born 1946), a German conservative politician who served as the last head of state of the German Democratic Republic
- Samuel Bergmann, the same as Hugo Bergmann, or Pavel Bergmann's grandson and Hugo Bergmann's great nephew.
- Stefan Bergmann (1895-1977) mathematician
- Thaisa Storchi Bergmann is a leading Brazilian astrophysicist
- Theodor Bergmann (1850-1931), founder company Bergmann in Suhl
- Walter Bergmann (composer) (1902–1988), German composer and musician
|This page lists people with the surname Bergmann. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.|