Berhampore (community development block)
বহরমপুর সমষ্টি উন্নয়ন ব্লক
|community development block|
|• Total||194.67 km2 (75.16 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,900/km2 (5,000/sq mi)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Baharampur|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Baharampur, Nabgram, Kandi, Beldanga, Hariharpara|
Berhampore (community development block) is an administrative division in Barhampur subdivision of Murshidabad district in the Indian state of West Bengal. Berhampore Town and Daulatabad police stations serve this block. Headquarters of this block is at Berhampore. Kasimbazar, Goaljan and Gora Bazar are census towns in this block.
Berhampore is located at
Gram panchayats of Berhampore block/ panchayat samiti are: Bhakuri I, Bhakuri II, Chhaighari, Doulatabad, Gurudaspur, Haridasmati, Hatinagar, Madanpur, Manindra Nagar, Neallishpara Goaljan, Naoda, Nowdapanur, Radharghat I, Radharghat II, Rajdharpara, Rangamati Chandpara, Sahajadpur and Satui Chowrigachha.
As per 2001 census, Berhampore block has a total population of 378,830, out of which 94,861 were males and 86,466 were females. Berhampore block registered a population growth of 26.80 per cent during the 1991-2001 decade. Decadal growth for the district was 23.70 per cent. Decadal growth in West Bengal was 17.84 per cent.
- "Contact details of Block Development Officers". Murshidabad district. West Bengal Government. Retrieved 2011-02-20.
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal , Table 4". Census of India 2001, Murshidabad district. Census Commissioner of India. Retrieved 2011-02-20.
- "BRGF Allotment Order No. 12" (PDF). Government of West Bengal Department of Panchayats & Rural Development. Retrieved 2011-02-17.
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal. Table 4". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-01-20.
- "Groundwater Arsenic contamination in West Bengal-India (20 years study )". SOES. Retrieved 2011-02-17.