This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Berico Technologies is a small business based in Reston, Virginia, United States, dealing in open-source, cloud-based solutions for the federal government. Berico is a pioneering data analytic solutions provider and open-source cloud architect.
Berico was founded in 2006 by military veterans. One of the co-founders, Guy Filippelli, a graduate of West Point and Oxford, received the National Intelligence Medallion. He is also associated with the Center for a New American Security, the Council on Foreign Relations, the Combating Terrorism Center, MissionLink, Luke's Wings and the COMMIT Foundation.
In 2011, Berico Technologies facilitated the creation of two new companies, 42Six Solutions (since acquired by CSC) and Praescient Analytics.
In October 2012 at the United States Geospatial Intelligence Foundation (USGIF) annual GEOINT Symposium, Berico released CLAVIN (Cartographic Location And Vicinity Indexer), an open-source software package for document geotagging and geoparsing that employs context-based geographic entity resolution. CLAVIN extracts location names from unstructured text and resolves them against a gazetteer to produce data lists.
In November 2012, Berico became an Authorized Systems Integrator in the Cloudera Connect partner program.
- Big Data Analytics
- Data Science
- Intelligence simulation
- Cellular exploitation
- Strategy consulting
- OPEN AMPere
- Helped a tech company with a product used by intelligence analysts.
- Trained soldiers in Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance
- Contracted to help the Army Intelligence Campaign Initiatives Group
- Participated in the NIST Cloud Computing Standards Roadmap Working Group
- Created a Fusion tool for Department of Defense
- Created a Fusion tool for a Department of Defense customer
- Upgraded a military biometric ID system
- Intelligence work regarding a SAR Database for the US Department of Transportation.
Bank of America and WikiLeaks
In February 2011 the name of Berico, along with HBGary and Palantir Technologies were allegedly found on a plan for Bank of America to respond to a WikiLeaks dump of the banks documents. The plan allegedly involved 'disrupting' Salon.com reporter Glenn Greenwald's support of WikiLeaks.
On Feb 11, 2011 the CEO and COO of Berico released a statement on the matter:
"Our leadership does not condone or support any effort that proactively targets American firms, organizations or individuals. We find such actions reprehensible and are deeply committed to partnering with the best companies in our industry that share our core values. Therefore, we have discontinued all ties with HBGary Federal. We are conducting a thorough internal investigation to better understand the details of how this situation unfolded and we will take the appropriate actions within our company."
- Black ops: how HBGary wrote backdoors for the government (by Nate Anderson, ars technica)
- Our History - Berico Technologies[permanent dead link] from bericotechnologies.com retr 2011 02 11
- - Berico founders bankroll new ventures, www.bizjournals.com, 2013 03 04, via www.bizjournals.com on 2013 01 09
- Ecosystem of companies developing, integrating and deploying technology on Apache Hadoop 2013 03 04, via http://www.cloudera.com on 2013 03 04
- Projects[permanent dead link] from bericotechnologies.com, retr 2011 02 11
- Berico Technologies discusses Battlefield Exploitation of Data - MarkLogic Newsletter Archived July 14, 2011, at the Wayback Machine. via newsletter.marklogic.com on 2011 02 11
- MarkLogic - Customers and Partners Rave About MarkLogic Server 4.2 Archived December 24, 2010, at the Wayback Machine. via www.marklogic.com on 2011 02 11
- Defense.gov: Contracts for Friday, April 09, 2010 Archived March 1, 2011, at the Wayback Machine. defense.gov, via www.defense.gov on 2011 02 11
- Berico Technologies Wins Two Prestigious Prime Government Contracts[permanent dead link], bericotechnologies.com, 04-08-2010 retr 2011 2 11
- Microsoft Word - NIST_CCSRWG_011 List of registered participants sokol, nist.gov, 2011 01 13, via collaborate.nist.gov on 2011 02 11
- DOT 2010 Detail Level Service Contract Inventory Appendix B.XLSX Archived July 21, 2011, at the Wayback Machine. ames.owens, Dept of Transportation, 2011 01 26, via www.dot.gov on 2011 02 11
- A disturbing threat against one of our own - Inside Salon - Salon.com Archived February 12, 2011, at the Wayback Machine. salon.com, via www.salon.com on 2011 02 12